latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unable to upload videos if s2member

Home Forums Community Forum Unable to upload videos if s2member

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 11:56 pm #28962

Hello guys,

Our website has “Bits on the run” plugin which allows uploading videos to amazon cloud within buddypress profile page. Using the standard wordpress author account, you can see the “choose file” button and you can upload videos without any problems. However, if we log in using an S2Member account, it gives out an error below:

Array ( [status] => error [message] => api_key: Missing value [code] => ParameterMissing [title] => Missing Parameter ) 1

Here are screenshots:
Using a normal wordpress author (not under s2member)

Using an s2member registered account

I’d really appreciate your help guys.

Thanks!

Regards,
Jen

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 19th, 2012 at 9:57 am #29009

Hi Jen.

Using an s2member registered account

What do you mean? With an s2Member Level role? The registration is not done by s2Member, that’s still WordPress.

s2Member Level roles don’t have author capabilities, and if you’re talking about an author, then it’s not an s2Member role.

Could you clarify a bit more, please? Thanks!

Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 12:37 am #29231

The author role account is created by administrator in the dashboard and the other one is using S2member registration form and registered as S2member Level 3 account. And when I test to upload a video there are deference in the two accounts. The author role of account can upload videos and so but the account registered in S2member displays an error.

Please reply if this is not clear enough.

Posted: Monday Oct 22nd, 2012 at 2:00 pm #29293
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jennifer,

All of the s2Member Level roles are based on the WordPress Subscriber role capabilities. It sounds like the plugin you’re using requires a capability that only Author roles (and higher, probably) have access to.

If you absolutely require s2Member users this access, you’ll need to use a Role Editor plugin to manually modify the s2Member Level roles to include the capability that is required by the plugin you’re using. I recommend contacting the plugin developers to find out which capability that is, as there are lots of them.

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 10:13 pm #30118

Hi,

Thanks Raam for that information.

All of the s2Member Level roles are based on the WordPress Subscriber role capabilities.

So that would mean every person who registers on my site is a subscriber (at wordpress backend) regardless of whatever s2member level he chooses?
I have an issue right now with the default subscriber thing for s2member. I needed to change the default subscriber and it seems the only way is to deactivate s2member, set the default to Author then install s2member back. But I’m worried about the things that will get affected on the site, is there a list of things that resets to default if we deactivate/activate the s2 member plugin? Any thoughts how to get around setting default s2member role to ~Author instead of subscriber without deactivating s2member?

Thanks,
Jen

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 3:00 pm #30190

When s2Member gets reactivated, the roles get reset unless you change that with a hack. See this article: Knowledge Base » Locking s2Member Roles/Capabilities

Does that help?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.