latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Understanding EOT and unsubscriptions

Home Forums Community Forum Understanding EOT and unsubscriptions

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 6:02 am #49111

Hi there,

I have added some php to display EOT on the member profile page, but I don’t get a date i get something like “1388534400” which doesn’t make sense to me.

Same happens when I try to export the data.

Also wanted to know what happens after a member unsubscibes? Do they get an email confirmation?

We are doing yearly subscriptions via paypal standard. Once the payment cannot be taken, will they automatically get demoted (as per our EOT settings?).

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 6:36 pm #49159
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I have added some php to display EOT on the member profile page, but I don’t get a date i get something like “1388534400″ which doesn’t make sense to me.

This is a Unix Timestamp. Find information on these here:

http://www.unixtimestamp.com/index.php

Also wanted to know what happens after a member unsubscibes? Do they get an email confirmation?

No, s2Member does not tell the User they have lost access.

We are doing yearly subscriptions via paypal standard. Once the payment cannot be taken, will they automatically get demoted (as per our EOT settings?).

Yes. They will get demoted if you have that set up in your EOT settings.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 6:58 pm #49162

Thanks for this.

But how can I display EOT in a format both me and my users will understand eg dd mm yyyy?

Cheers!

Posted: Saturday May 4th, 2013 at 2:21 am #49188
Bruce
Staff Member

But how can I display EOT in a format both me and my users will understand eg dd mm yyyy?

You’ll have to use PHP here. You can use PHP’s date() function, documented here. As an example, if you’d like to have your timestamp show up as like 01/01/2001, you would do this:

<?php
$timestamp = 1388534400;
echo date('d/m/Y', $timestamp);
?>
Posted: Saturday May 4th, 2013 at 3:32 am #49193

Thats wonderful.

Can you tell me how to get this field in this format in the S2M export?

Cheers!

Posted: Saturday May 4th, 2013 at 3:57 am #49194

I’m using this:

However, it seems to return it in this format: m/d/Y.

Secondly, I’ve been doing some test subscriptions – they come through but no timestamp is added. i thought it maybe before the 1st period is a trial, but i should still think it would come through?

Any ideas?

Posted: Saturday May 4th, 2013 at 1:24 pm #49210
Bruce
Staff Member

However, it seems to return it in this format: m/d/Y.

You can change the format of the return based on what you pass into the first parameter.

See: http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

Secondly, I’ve been doing some test subscriptions – they come through but no timestamp is added. i thought it maybe before the 1st period is a trial, but i should still think it would come through?

s2Member doesn’t get an EOT date until a subscription is canceled with PayPal. This is because the subscription is not yet set to expire, so there is no End of Term to set. These Users will get an End of Term date after their PayPal subscription reaches an end, or the subscription is canceled.

Can you tell me how to get this field in this format in the S2M export?

This would require a hack. s2Member is only able to send the timestamp by default.

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 3:46 am #49254

Thanks for this information.

Is there no way to display this in a members user area:

1) Date subscription started
2) Date of next payment

These both seem fairly fundamental in any membership site?

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 7:02 pm #49298
Bruce
Staff Member

1) Date subscription started
2) Date of next payment

s2Member does not store this information, but you can use some of the constants from Content Dripping to find how many days the User has been subscribed, and in turn when their subscription started.

To get the date of next payment, you’ll have to use the last payment date, which s2Member does store. You can get it like this:

<?php $last_payment_date = get_user_field('s2member_last_payment_time'); ?>
Posted: Friday May 10th, 2013 at 4:55 am #49678

Thanks for this.

How to use last payment date to calculate next payment date? I would like to offer a discounted 6 month period (and this could change in future to 3 months), and then a yearly subscription.

Also I have managed to get the EOT fields coming in the export without a timestamp. However there is an issue with the dates. The Last payment date seems to be in this format: mm/dd/yyyy but the Auto-EOT Date seems to be dd/mm/yyyy

Can I ask you to take a look and see why this maybe?

Thanks

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 1:58 am #49728
Bruce
Staff Member

Also I have managed to get the EOT fields coming in the export without a timestamp. However there is an issue with the dates. The Last payment date seems to be in this format: mm/dd/yyyy but the Auto-EOT Date seems to be dd/mm/yyyy

This depends on the way you have your hack working. Your date()‘s first parameter should be m/d/Y if that’s how you want it.

See: http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

How to use last payment date to calculate next payment date? I would like to offer a discounted 6 month period (and this could change in future to 3 months), and then a yearly subscription.

You would add the time that the User has until the next payment and add it to the timestamp.

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 6:32 am #49807

Hi – strangely, I haven’t made any hack to the export…it just happened to work fine (perhaps after updating the plugin to latest version)

I am seeing the proper dates rather than the timestamp. However it is only affecting the LAST payment date. The rest are fine?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 1:45 am #50045
Bruce
Staff Member

I am seeing the proper dates rather than the timestamp. However it is only affecting the LAST payment date. The rest are fine?

Can you give me an example of this behavior (i.e. a section of your exported file)?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.