latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unique Landing Page for Level User

Home Forums Community Forum Unique Landing Page for Level User

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 13th, 2012 at 5:17 pm #8057

Can anyone recommend a hack or tweak that will allow a custom “Banned” role/ level to only land on a particular page of info for users that have been banned only?

I’m having the darndest time making this happen so that they don’t think its ok to just purchase again. (since currently they keep landing on the membership-options pages that are default.

-grace

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 3:59 am #8088

You could have a conditional in your Membership Options Page for that. E.g.

[hilite pre_code]

Tsk, tsk.

Oh, please buy.

[/hilite]

http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/s2member/api_functions/package-functions/#src_doc_current_user_is%28%29

Does that help?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 4:06 am #8090

Actually, if you’re not comfortable with using PHP like that, you could do it with shortcode conditionals.
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]

[hilite pre_code]
[[s2If current_user_is(Banned)]
Tsk, tsk.
[/s2If]]

[[s2If current_user_is_not(Banned)]
Oh, please buy.
[/s2If]]
[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 7:44 am #8105

I suppose my setup for having a banned role in the first place is making things too convoluted. My Exec-Php plugin isnt allowing php snippits in any role i try. (Author / Support Team etc)

I do all page creation in Admin role – but it still warns the php will be unuseable whether i’m using shortcode or raw php. So i’m not seeing any effect on that page when logging in as a banned user.

Sorry – I got all excited – because it SHOULD work. : /

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 9:08 am #8109

Nevermind my previous post :)

Turns out that even without exec_php it is VERY sensitive to case… so in this situation it has to be all lowercase – since role names are all lowercase

Works perfectly now!
Thank you sooooo much!!!!

I now set banned users to a BANNED role, which has no capabilities at all other than ‘read’. This means the user logs in and is repeatedly dropped on the default membership-options page – which now has a conditional warning set for banned role to let them know they are banned and should not attempt to repurchase. PERFECT.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 2:17 pm #8132
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Thank you for the update, Grace! Glad to hear you got it working. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:59 pm #8170

Yeah, very glad you got it working. :)

Sorry I capitalized the role name, I thought that was the way you created when you wrote it like that earlier. I should have asked you to check that.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 6:02 pm #8171

Yes, actually in my roles it is BANNED (all uppercase). So i tried it that way as well …. didn’t take until i made it all lowercase “clean” :)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Grace Solivan.
Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 6:02 pm #8174

:)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.