latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unique s2Member invite links

Home Forums Community Forum Unique s2Member invite links

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 6:59 pm #49517

I saw that Cristian started (and didn’t finish because not completely relevant to thread) that S2Members could be made by invite only with a unique link made for each person invited. How can one do that? This would make me be able to use Secure Invites on my website.Thanks in advance for your help!

Maria

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 1:13 am #49560
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

You can do this by sending them one of these links. Note that these ask for a Subscription ID. This is because s2Member link this User with a Subscription ID, and any IPN data that shares this Subscription ID will cause changes to this account. This way you can send Users that already have a subscription with you that maybe waited too long to check (or did not receive) their email that allows them to register at a higher level. That being said you can put in dummy data here and it will work fine to give Users free access to a paid level.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Registration Access Links

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 4:59 am #49577

Bruce, that’s not what I’m trying to do. I don’t want to offer free subscriptions. My site is premium membership only. I want to be able to have an invitation only website, where I and my members can invite friends to join. I need to figure this out as soon as possible – can I do this or not? I have found a way where I can, but I THINK it would not be a secure one, so I don’t think it’s an option. That’s why when I saw Cristian’s thread, I thought it MIGHT be the answer, but apparently, it doesn’t seem to be.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 7:28 pm #49636
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the clarification.

s2Member currently doesn’t have anything like this. You might try the password protection that WordPress has.

See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Password_Protection

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 7:39 pm #49639

What I would be trying to protect isnt the password, it would be the s2member key that i would have to put into the invite link in order for the plugin to work with my s2member setup. It breaks, but the link syill works. The problem id, it would still be apparent in some way. I hzve the Afgiliates Pro and s2member integration pack, so there might be a way there. It would just be a matter of configuring the link to get it to the options page. However, I just didcovered a little while sgo that my desktop and only computer is on the fritz, and I was told to turn it off. So no computer or business until it gets fixed or replaced.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 7:41 pm #49640

Sorry for the typos! Iphone keypad.

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 3:58 pm #49756

Hi:

I just wanted to let u mnow that s2member does NOT recognize a premium member through the smart phone and it doesn’t recognize s premium member plugin update thru the smart phone either. Thursday night I lost use of my desktop. I do not know when or if i will get it fixed or replsced. Right now my only internet access is my iphone. This is a big problem. You guys really have to brcome more mobile friendly. Catch up to the times. I only cud get into the Customer forum now becsuse I had a link in sn emsil I received from support. Otherwise, i was blocked from the premium area. Not good! Never had this kind of problem anywhere else.

Posted: Saturday May 11th, 2013 at 3:59 pm #49757

Sorry for the typos!

Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 2:50 am #50057

Thanks Maria. I’m forwarding this to Raam, the webmaster, to look at how we can make the site more mobile friendly.

Regarding your installation’s update, I replied in your other thread about it. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/cant-update-my-s2member-pro-through-website/#post-49994

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.