latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unlimited Memberships

Home Forums Community Forum Unlimited Memberships

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 7:31 pm #16087
Chad Klass
Username: chadklass

Hello,

I have the PRO version. I followed the directions in General Options > Membership levels/labels and added the following line to the beginning “after the <?php" in the wp-config.php file. This line is now on the second line of the file:

define("MEMBERSHIP_LEVELS", 10);

As you can see, I changed the number of levels to 10. Once I did this, I closed out of my browser and reentered the website that I am using s2Member on. It still looks the same with the 4 membership levels available both in the labels area and the PayPal button generation area. Is there something else I need to do? I need to have a total of 6 paid membership levels.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jun 9th, 2012 at 11:08 pm #16102
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

Do you have all the other Pro Options available to you?

Dave

Posted: Monday Jun 11th, 2012 at 11:50 pm #16195
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Chad,

As David suggested, the first thing I’d check for is that the s2Member Pro add-on has been properly installed and activated. Do you see the Pro-Forms section and are you able to generate Pro-Form shortcodes?

If it does appear that s2Member Pro has been properly installed, I suggest clearing your web browser cache. As a last resort, you can try deactivating and reactivating the s2Member plugin to see if that helps (be sure to enable Deactivation Safeguards so you don’t lose any existing configuration: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Deactivation Safeguards).

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 12:01 am #16198

Hi Chad.

When you edit wp-config.php to add the number of levels, it’d look like this:

[hilite pre_code]

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 7:52 am #16236
Chad Klass
Username: chadklass

Thanks for all the great advice guys! I just figured out what happened. But to quickly answer questions:

Yes to David, all other pro features were available.

Yep to Raam. I did all that, but it didn’t solve the problem. (I’ll explain what went wrong in a sec – it’s really easy).

Yes also to Cristian, that’s what I did, that’s what it looked liked and I did upload it and overwrite the existing file on the server.

Here’s what happened. In order to not have any typos, I copied the line of code from the s2Member page and pasted it into my code editor. Then I uploaded and nothing happened. This is when I sent my original message.

Since then, I have re-edited the file, erased the line of code I pasted, and manually typed in the line of code necessary, re-uploaded and it works perfectly. Seems that by pasting the code it didn’t paste exactly correctly, even though it looked fine prior to upload.

Thanks for all your messages. I really appreciate it!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 8:12 am #16240
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

ah, I’ve had this happen before. Sometimes copied code that has quotes in it will copy the quotes incorrectly so php can’t read it. Well done sir! This is a “why didn’t I think of that!” moment… lol!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 11:40 pm #16335

Thanks for the update, Chad! Glad you sorted it out. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.