latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unrestricting Content after X days

Home Forums Community Forum Unrestricting Content after X days

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jun 27th, 2012 at 10:53 am #17656

I would like to unprotect content in stages based on the age of the post. I want my newest content to only be available to paid subscribers. However, after the content is X days old I would like to unprotect it in stages. First to registered non-paying members and then, finally, to completely unprotect it for general public and search engines access. This way the search engines have more and more content to view and rank over time.

For example:
Paid Subscribers have immediate access to all content to which they are subscribed
Registered non-paying members have access to all posts older than 7 days
UN-registered users (public at large) have complete access to all posts older than 30 days (no protection)

Content dripping is user-specific usually based upon start/purchase date etc.. In this case, I want the “dripping” to be post/page/category specific based upon creation date.

Also, can S2Member protect content in a non-hierarchical basis ? In other words, subscribers pay for access to specific categories or all categories?

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 28th, 2012 at 7:09 am #17745
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Matthew,

Yes, all of this is possible with s2Member. Please install the Framework and then visit Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Content Dripping.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.