latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

update billing / phone / authorize.net

Home Forums Community Forum update billing / phone / authorize.net

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 2:05 pm #37620

Hi All,

Quick question, when attempting to update a member’s billing information using the authnet pro fiorm, we are getting the following error:

Error #E00013. Phone is invalid. Phone can be one of following formats: 111- 111-1111 or (111) 111-1111.

We can’t seem to see the field listed.
Additionally, we don’t neccessarily need the phone number I believe.

Anyway,
We do not have the phone field as listed here
s2 > general options > reg profile fields/options

How do we either enable this field for display or remove the requirement for processing?
I believe that the second option would be preferable.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 4:32 pm #37656
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

It sounds like you have the Phone Number Authorize.net form field set up to be required. Please do the following:

1. Login to the Authorize.net Merchant Interface ( https://secure.authorize.net ),

2. Click on Settings and Profile -> Payment Form -> Form Fields,

3. Uncheck the Required box for all Phone and Email fields.

Please let us know if problems persist after following these steps.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 5:11 pm #37667

Bruce,

Thanks for the quick response. Our values are unchecked for required, just view and edit are checked and we are getting that error.

Could it be another area?

Thank You

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  JB Glossinger.
Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 8:01 am #37714

As soon as you guys can provide any insight would be great, we’ve tried digging through the code but can’t seem to find where this would be. It’s preventing us from allowing users to update their information.

Again just to reiterate, this is specifically for the update billing form using
authnet pro forms and updates for ARB subscriptions.

Thanks again for the great work you do!

Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 10:22 am #37726

This issue is only happening on UPDATE CC, not on the initial payment, so Authorize should have no bearing on it, as the initial sign ups are going fine. Our issue is only when someone goes to update a CC. (Thanks for the help)

Here are some pics:

The error

Our set up in Authorize

Again Thank you for the help :)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  JB Glossinger.
Posted: Wednesday Jan 16th, 2013 at 9:00 pm #37832

Bruce or Jason,

We really, really need help with this – I have 100 members suspended because they can’t update their cards, and have 5-10 coming tomorrow depending on how many declines we have. Everything else is working great and we have gotten this far. This is our last real issue.

We have been at it for 2 days and cannot find any field in S2 – all we need is the location so we can get it out of the code. Would love to get some support on this. I know you guys are swamped. Just need to know where is this phone field that is throwing off this error.

All the best, and thank you guys in advance,

JB

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 4:01 am #37867
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

These error codes are coming directly from Authorize.net find the error code meanings here:

http://developer.authorize.net/tools/arberrorcodes/

I have contacted Jason for information regarding this. In the mean time, could you please fill out our s2Member® » Private Contact Form?

Thank-you for your patience.

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 9:54 am #37877
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

That’s really interesting. Thanks for reporting this important issue.

I was unable to reproduce this in our lab. s2Member® does NOT attempt to pass a phone number to Authorize.Net, and so long as you leave that field that you mentioned, unchecked, the Authorize.Net API does not require it either; which is good because many customers prefer not to provide a telephone number.

Since you’re reporting that Authorize.Net IS requiring you to provide that field (or, it actually appears to me that your installation is attempting to pass a phone number that is empty or invalid), I would contact Authorize.Net about this and ask them if your underlying merchant bank (i.e. Wells Fargo, or whoever you use), is forcing you to supply that information, regardless of your Authorize.Net configuration? Something like this?

Also, I know you’re working with some developers. You might check with them to be sure they’ve not modified s2Member in any way that would cause it to pass a phone number field, either via XML or via NVP? For instance, even if you attempt to pass an empty field (s2Member does NOT do this by default – it does not send a phone number field at all, by default), but if you attempted to pass an empty field, you might see this error.

Please let us know if problems persist :-)

Also, if problems continue, please submit a Dashboard login and we’ll run diagnostics for you.
Please do that privately: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 12:56 pm #37896

Jason,

Thank you a ton –

Here is what is up –

Right now we are going to do data validation in a few minutes via this link: http://developer.authorize.net/tools/datavalidation/

As soon as we find out why it is sending phone or whatever field we will let you know what the issue is.
This is only occurring on update, and Authorize is telling us it may be another field issue. We only need to update the CC.

As soon as we get this information back and do some work in the next few hours I will post what is
going on and if we need some assistance in the code.

Thanks in advance,

JB

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 2:02 pm #37915

Jason,

Just sent a support request – we just can’t figure it out – if you can take a look at it that would be great. Sorry for the issues…

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 6:41 pm #37965

Jason, and Bruce

Please close – this was a ARB subscription issue on our end. We have resolved the issue.

One things we updated S2 to the current version and we still only have to fields in the state space, we need a few more for our international clients.

Thank you very much guys!!! Great support – took us 4 days but we found the issue!!!

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 6:50 pm #37967

For future thread readers,

If you do a massive transfer as we did, and have to put in ARB’s manually to start make sure ONLY necessary fields are in the INITIAL ARB. It will cause an update error not an S2 issue, but it will not be seen UNLESS you look at the original ARB set up.

If you have any questions feel free to contact us at MorningCoach.com – S2 Rocks!!!

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 3:24 pm #38316
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-ups :-)

That’s great! I really appreciate you following up here. Thank you!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.