latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Update s2Member Pro v120703 – memory problem

Home Forums Community Forum Update s2Member Pro v120703 – memory problem

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 2:23 am #18346

Hello,
I have faced a problem when trying to make an automatic update of s2Member Pro v120703. I had no problem with previous version but for this one, I have this error message:

Not enough memory. Unzipping s2Member Pro via WordPress® requires 256M of RAM. Please upgrade via FTP instead..

I was a little surprised and made a verification creating a info.php file: I have 512 Mo of RAM on my webhosting. So I made a manual update but it seems a little weird.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 9:05 am #18384
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jean,

You should be able to upgrade by following the FTP installation instructions: s2Member® » Pro » Install/Upgrade Instructions.

Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 9:30 am #18388

Yes, I did update by FTP. I wanted just to tell about this strange error message.

Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 7:13 am #18458

Hi Jean-Michel.

Could you try this server check tool and see if everything looks fine there? http://www.s2member.com/r/server-check-tool/

Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 7:48 am #18466

Eveything is OK with the Check Tool.

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 3:55 am #18523

Then I don’t know why you got the memory problem… Are you in a shared host? maybe at that moment the available resources were low? I don’t know.

s2Member is a large plugin and sometimes WordPress could have memory problems when decompressing it on installation. The FTP upload is reliable and a good solution if the installation/update from the dashboard has issues.

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 4:14 am #18528

Yes, on a shared webhost. I will see next update if it works or not.

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 5:22 am #18538

Okay. :)

Posted: Sunday Jul 15th, 2012 at 1:56 am #19281

The server check tool just looks at the WP_MEMORY_LIMIT or WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT to see if there’s enough memory. These can be set by the user to fool the server check tool.

In the last release of S2Member Pro, it looks like a strange check has been added though that
uses this to check for sufficient memory:

@ini_set("memory_limit", apply_filters("admin_memory_limit",
 WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT)) !== "nill" && @ini_get("memory_limit") === apply_filters(
"admin_memory_limit", WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT)

So, if you want to fool the upgrader code, you have to find out this value:

ini_get(“memory_limit”)

(which you can do by using ‘echo phpinfo()’) And then set WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT in your wp-config.php file to match it.
At least, that’s what worked for me.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 17th, 2012 at 2:36 am #19440
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Tuhin,

Thank you for sharing that information.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.