latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

update to s2members serialized data occurred?

Home Forums Community Forum update to s2members serialized data occurred?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason eH 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 10:01 am #29788

Hi

Wondering if this has already happened and i missed it while i was away

“The new tables won’t need a separate database, they’d be in the same WP database. It’ll be simpler to work with the data. Even if what you wanted is not available with a simple function call, you can do your own fancier database query.”

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 1:15 pm #29833
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jason,

It’s a bit hard to understand what you’re referring to without a bit of context or background, but I’m guessing that you’re referring to Custom Registration fields in the database. If that’s the case, then no, the way those are stored has not changed yet. That change will come with the next major release of the plugin (i.e., not a maintenance release) and we’re working hard to get that out as soon as possible. We don’t have any specific release date set at this time.

Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #29834

thanks for the reply – email me when it is ready – i have to get something done literally today….

let mee ask you this – refresh my memory

if i register users with s2 member and add custom fields (meta) can i pull that info out somehow with shortcodes into another form for example?

does s2member support sending payments to different paypal accounts for different registration types – (maybe using a different button on each registration type page?

can users register with s2member and cancel the paypal tranaction and still appear as registered in the above scenario (like many plugins seem to allow that I have tried lately)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 30th, 2012 at 12:05 pm #30159

if i register users with s2 member and add custom fields (meta) can i pull that info out somehow with shortcodes into another form for example?

Here are some ways to get to the custom profile fields:
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants[/hilite]
get_user_field()
get_s2member_custom_fields()

Depeding on your form, you may be able to prepopulate it with that.

does s2member support sending payments to different paypal accounts for different registration types – (maybe using a different button on each registration type page?

No, only one PayPal account can be integrated with s2Member.

You could experiment with multiple ones, though, if you’re using PayPal Standard and create the buttons over at PayPal instead of using s2Member’s shortcodes for them. Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons

can users register with s2member and cancel the paypal tranaction and still appear as registered in the above scenario (like many plugins seem to allow that I have tried lately)

You can control the behavior of s2Member when a subscription is cancelled, from here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior[/hilite]

If you sell subscriptions with buttons that don’t include s2Member’s IPN URL, s2Member would never find out about payments or cancellations, though, so EOT behavior wouldn’t happen.

I hope that helps!

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 1:02 am #30737

thanks for those shortcode links above btw

out of curiosity, could one make a form to edit user profiles and prefill another users data into it and when you edit that form the user is updated – i want to allow users to update other users without giving them wordpress priviledges per se

i.e. coach of team again

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 6:17 pm #30814
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jason,

You should be able to make that work, but that’s outside the realm of s2Member. I recommend posting that question on wordpress.stackexchange.com or the WordPress.org Support Forums.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 6th, 2012 at 7:54 pm #30830

just checking if there was an easy answer, i have other things i am struggling with – I hope it becomes a challenge for a champ somewhere or a part of the next major release

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.