latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Updated EOT

Home Forums Community Forum Updated EOT

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 3:18 am #55615

Hi,

So I read that s2member does not store EOT for ongoing subscriptions. I didn’t know this before but when I imported about 3,000 users a week ago, I included the EOT from another software to s2member. Will this affect their subscription or will their subscription still be renewed automatically?

If they will have to manually extend their subscription, will deleting all EOT help automate things so that Paypal will charge them automatically and their subscription will still go on?

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 5:13 am #55640
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Will this affect their subscription or will their subscription still be renewed automatically?

What will happen is s2Member will cause the User to lose access, but their subscription at s2Member will stop working.

If they will have to manually extend their subscription, will deleting all EOT help automate things so that Paypal will charge them automatically and their subscription will still go on?

Possibly. However, as mentioned in this article, your Subscriptions would need to have a specific format to work with s2Member. Have you read this yet?:

Knowledge Base » How to Migrate to s2Member Pro from Other Software

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 10:27 pm #55712

Thanks for your response, Bruce.

as mentioned in this article, your Subscriptions would need to have a specific format to work with s2Member.

Are you talking about the subscription ID (I-EUAVMMPD04HF)? Yes, I’m using the correct format. It’s only the EOT that concerns me.

Posted: Tuesday Aug 13th, 2013 at 10:37 pm #55713
Bruce
Staff Member

Are you talking about the subscription ID (I-EUAVMMPD04HF)? Yes, I’m using the correct format.

No, this Subscription ID is the same format from PayPal all the time. I was referring to the need to have a custom attribute set to your domain name.

Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 4:22 am #55991

I was referring to the need to have a custom attribute set to your domain name.

Sorry, I don’t understand what this means. Do I need to do anything else? When I imported the users, I included the username, email address, paid subscriber ID, gateway, and user level. I did not include the EOT so they’re blank for ongoing monthly subscriptions. I setup Paypal, IPN and PDT integration. Did I miss anything?

Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 10:49 pm #56059
Bruce
Staff Member

Sorry, I don’t understand what this means. Do I need to do anything else?

s2Member will not track your current subscriptions at PayPal unless the custom attribute is correct, as stated in this Knowledge Base Article:

Knowledge Base » How to Migrate to s2Member Pro from Other Software

I’m not sure how many Subscriptions you have going, but you’ll have to make sure that this custom attribute is set to your domain name, along with www. if you’re using that for s2Member to track these subscriptions.

When I imported the users, I included the username, email address, paid subscriber ID, gateway, and user level. I did not include the EOT so they’re blank for ongoing monthly subscriptions. I setup Paypal, IPN and PDT integration. Did I miss anything?

This all sounds fine to me. I would just make sure that the above is correct and you should be okay.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.