latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

updating to PRO v130617

Home Forums Community Forum updating to PRO v130617

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 7:44 pm #54184

Hi,

it’s the first time that I get an ERROR during an automatic update:

Not enough memory. Unzipping s2Member Pro via WordPress® requires 256M of RAM. Please upgrade via FTP instead..

My server has 16GB RAM, so that update should fit into the memory without using the swap partition I think. Also the config or write permissions haven’t changed. What is the problem?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 10:58 am #54225

Please take a look at this. See: http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

If you follow the instructions provided by WordPress, and the problem still occurs.

1. Upgrade manually using these instructions.
http://www.s2member.com/pro/#!s2_tab_jump=s2-pro-install-update

2. Contact your hosting company and ask what memory limits apply to WordPress® and PHP scripts on your server. Having 16GB on your server doesn’t necessarily mean that PHP can use all of that.

Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2013 at 3:05 pm #54241

Hey Mike,

thanks for your time.

I’ve updated via FTP this time. The strange thing is that we never had a problem before.

WP has 1GB available to use and the hosting company is me and myself, so there’s no doubt about the server config.

Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 1:59 am #54263

Thanks for the follow-up.

You might run a quick test in PHP to check what your PHP installation is returning. If it has 1GB of memory allocated, it should be returning that to PHP scripts that ask for those specs. For instance, try this.

<?php
echo ini_get('memory_limit');
?>

What does that return?

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 10:45 am #54598

1024M

the latest update throws the same error

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 10:54 am #54601

I just took a quick look at the source code which leads to this error.
s2Member® requires the following to be true; and this leads me to believe that perhaps you have a custom value set for WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT? Not sure. We’re not seeing any widespread reports of this problem.

@ini_get("memory_limit") === apply_filters("admin_memory_limit", WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT)

See also: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp_memory_limit-vs-wp_max_memory_limit

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.