latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Upgrade Free Members in Authorize.net

Home Forums Community Forum Upgrade Free Members in Authorize.net

This topic contains 32 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Howard Matusow 3 years, 7 months ago.

Page 2 Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jun 6th, 2013 at 5:44 pm #51547

Fixed Bruce! I fixed all errors in the Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

thanks!

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 6:50 am #51589
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Fixed Bruce! I fixed all errors in the Knowledge Base » s2Member® Server Scanner

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the delay in response.

Do you know what errors the scanner was throwing? Also, could you try another test transaction, reverting to a default WordPress theme, and deactivating all plugins except s2Member?

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 7:25 am #51597

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the delay in response.

Do you know what errors the scanner was throwing? Also, could you try another test transaction, reverting to a default WordPress theme, and deactivating all plugins except s2Member?

If I do that, my site will be down for members to sign up. It’s working fine now. The errors were mcrypt and another. I can send attachment, let me know where to send. I rebuilt apache with all ecommerce settings correctly. I still have a check sum yellow warning for s2member, even after reinstalling as per site instructions here. Regardless, it works, thanks!

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 7:37 am #51598
Bruce
Staff Member

Regardless, it works, thanks!

Just to confirm, you’re saying that the Server Scanner is showing that your server is okay, or that you can now upgrade members correctly?

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 7:43 am #51601

Just to confirm, you’re saying that the Server Scanner is showing that your server is okay, or that you can now upgrade members correctly?

Correct. I fixed the red error warnings, which was an issue with e-commerce settings = mcrypt here were the errors;

“Error[ERROR] Multibyte String Extension Missing PHP extension. s2Member® needs the mbstring extension for PHP. This will add multibyte support to your installation of PHP, allowing UTF-8 character conversion. Please consult with your web hosting company about this message. ————————————————————————

Error[ERROR] Mcrypt/Encryption Extension Missing Mcrypt extension. s2Member® needs the Mcrypt extension for PHP. This will add encryption support to your installation of PHP, with a variety of block algorithms; such as DES, TripleDES, and Blowfish. Please consult with your web hosting company about this message. ”

I corrected the above 2 issues by rebuilding apache via easy apache, and adding e-commerce capability. The following 2 yellow warnings still remain, although everything is working fine now, free users are now signing up for paid membership and correctly being upgraded:

“Warning[WARNING] Plugin Directory Checksum (|s2member|) dismiss? Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that you reinstall the following plugin directory: |/home/stockmat/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member|. The checksum for this plugin directory (|b93f7da412ab0b9c6aadc0d2191c2260|), does NOT match up with the official release of this plugin (|166c616c7ba979776c192f9e6fcc5769|). An invalid checksum can be caused by an incomplete set of files. Or, by files that should NOT appear in this directory. Or, by corrupted files in this directory. Reinstalling the official release of this plugin should correct this issue. If all else fails, please check your method of upload. We recommend FTP via FileZillaâ„¢ . Also, please be sure the following file extensions are uploaded in |ASCII| mode (|php, html, xml, txt, css, js, ini, pot, po, sql, svg|). All other files should be uploaded in |BINARY| mode. Some FTP applications (like FileZillaâ„¢), can be configured to automatically recognize file extensions that should be uploaded in |ASCII| mode, while all others will be uploaded in |BINARY| mode by default. With this type of configuration, use upload mode |AUTO|.

———————————————————————— Warning[WARNING] Plugin Directory Checksum (|s2member-pro|) dismiss? Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that you reinstall the following plugin directory: |/home/stockmat/public_html/wp-content/plugins/s2member-pro|. The checksum for this plugin directory (|18363053d9d4aa4be1b1bfd6d7edb4e8|), does NOT match up with the official release of this plugin (|4b879e1210c600dbf13623943f7bcdf5|). An invalid checksum can be caused by an incomplete set of files. Or, by files that should NOT appear in this directory. Or, by corrupted files in this directory. Reinstalling the official release of this plugin should correct this issue. If all else fails, please check your method of upload. We recommend FTP via FileZillaâ„¢ . Also, please be sure the following file extensions are uploaded in |ASCII| mode (|php, html, xml, txt, css, js, ini, pot, po, sql, svg|). All other files should be uploaded in |BINARY| mode. Some FTP applications (like FileZillaâ„¢), can be configured to automatically recognize file extensions that should be uploaded in |ASCII| mode, while all others will be uploaded in |BINARY| mode by default. With this type of configuration, use upload mode |AUTO”

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 7:46 am #51602
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the info.

So the issue with your installation was with the following PHP Extensions not be installed:

• Multibyte String Extension
  • Mcrypt/Encryption Extension

Glad to hear that you fixed your issue. :-)

Posted: Friday Jun 7th, 2013 at 7:50 am #51603

So the issue with your installation was with the following PHP Extensions not be installed:

Multibyte String Extension
Mcrypt/Encryption Extension

Glad to hear that you fixed your issue. :-)

Yes, and you helped a lot explaining to me the difference in how IPN calls are handled between new users and existing users. I think having this on your main site will help a ton, our thread here, because I have seen a ton of people having this issue. Your software works great, the issue is on our end, shoring up proper PCI compliance – e-commerce correct apache builds and settings.

Viewing 7 replies - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.