latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Upgrade is not working?

Home Forums Community Forum Upgrade is not working?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Nov 11th, 2013 at 11:35 am #61003

We have several levels of members and wish to allow them to upgrade/downgrade their account – different levels of payment means different levels of content usage.

Here’s my shortcode:
[s2If current_user_is(s2member_level1)]

Upgrade to Featured Membership at $59/month [s2Member-PayPal-Button modify="1" level="2" ccaps="" desc="Upgrade to Featured Membership" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.dev.reachadoption.net" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="59" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

Upgrade to Super Membership at $149/month [s2Member-PayPal-Button modify="1" level="3" ccaps="" desc="Upgrade to Super Membership" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.dev.reachadoption.net" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="149" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]

[/s2If]

The problem here right now is that the button works – I click through, use my paypal test account, and it upgrades the payment, so the user gets charged correctly… but they’re not getting transitioned from s2member_level1 to s2member_level2. I am using the paypal sandbox and can see that the payment processes, it’s just not being picked up back on the site.

What are we doing wrong here? Everything should be working smoothly. The levels work correctly when initially purchased, just not modified.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Nov 14th, 2013 at 3:31 pm #61127

Seriously, this is REALLY a major problem. Our site is due to go live soon and we can’t upgrade/downgrade memberships.

I’m also running into the issue that when I test it, it says it takes effect quite some time in the future. How can we have instant upgrade of accounts? Yes I understand grace period for downgrading, but upgrading should be instant.

Is this one of those things where because my CLIENT purchased it and not MY login, that I’m being ignored? I refer a LOT of clients to s2member and would appreciate not being ignored.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by  Alice Brosey.
Posted: Monday Nov 18th, 2013 at 5:12 pm #61206

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE

Action taken: I submitted details via the contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Monday Nov 18th, 2013 at 5:14 pm #61207

s2member forum support is a joke. don’t waste your time posting here, folks. ONE WEEK for a major error without any acknowledgement.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 19th, 2013 at 11:20 am #61227
Requests for support from s2Member should be posted by “s2Member Pro customers” via this contact form please. See: Contact A Human. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response.
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.