latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Upgrade Membership from Subscriber to Level 1

Home Forums Community Forum Upgrade Membership from Subscriber to Level 1

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  cassel 3 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 26th, 2013 at 1:48 pm #61391
Greg Vose
Username: gregvose1

Hello,

I have a pro form that creates a subscriber account.

I have four Member Level 1 memberships with different ccaps that have an associated cost

How do I build a button or a form that charges them and takes the existing subscriber account and upgrades them to one of the Member Level 1 memberships with a ccap?

I can make a PayPal button that creates any of those Level 1 memberships but it requires the user to sign up for a new account and I just want to upgrade their existing account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Greg

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Nov 27th, 2013 at 11:22 am #61439
cassel
Username: cassel

I find that if the user is not logged in, the system does not know how to associate the new purchase to the existing account. That is why it will ask to create an account. However, if the user is logged in, then the button or pro-form will do all the work on the associated account.

This is why I ended up having to protect the button/pro-form within conditional so that only the logged in members (with an existing account already) can see it and use it. This prevents the situation where the user would click a button without being logged in and the system not able to put 2 and 2 together.

So the button/content could look like this:

[s2If is_user_logged_in()]
[s2Member-PayPal-Button level="1" ccaps="" desc="Student / Description and pricing details here." ps="paypal" lc="" cc="USD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="yoursite.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="0.01" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" rra="1" image="default" output="button" /]
[/s2If]
[s2If !is_user_logged_in()]
Please log in to complete your purchase.
[/s2If]
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.