latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Upgrade Membership page not working

Home Forums Community Forum Upgrade Membership page not working

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jul 2nd, 2012 at 6:25 pm #18112
James Halski
Username: jhalski

Our upgrade membership page is not auto filling in our logged in free subscribers information so that they can upgrade to a paid membership.

We have a staging server where we test things before we implement them, i noticed that it is working correctly on our staging server, but the page is HTTP.

On our live server, because the customers are filling in credit card information, it is HTTPS, and the page is NOT filling in the customers information automatically. It asks them to create an entirely new account, which we do not want.

Is there anything that would keep s2member from auto filling in this information on a page that is HTTPS? Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 3rd, 2012 at 7:15 am #18171
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi James,

If it’s asking the user to create a new account, then I would suspect that s2Member is not detecting the user as logged in. You could test this by visiting a blog post with HTTPS and posting a comment: does WordPress detect the user as logged in when posting a comment?

Also please download this Server Check Tool, upload the PHP file to your WordPress directory, and then load the URL to the file in your browser. It will run a bunch of tests to determine if there’s anything amiss on the server-side.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 4th, 2012 at 4:02 pm #18315
James Halski

We ran that server check tool that you gave me and everything passed, but we are still having the issue on our upgrade membership page.

If i were to give you a test login and the URL, would you be able to check and see what could be the problem? Thank you!

Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 8:30 am #18374
Raam Dev
Staff Member

Hi James,

Yes, I can do a test if you give the login info and URL.

Posted: Thursday Jul 5th, 2012 at 3:25 pm #18407
James Halski

That would be great thank you, as our developers and our hosting service can’t seem to figure it out. How can I send you the information? Should i just post it here?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  James Halski.
Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 7:38 am #18462

James, you can send it via the contact form. s2Member® » Private Contact Form :)

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 5:57 am #18540
Raam Dev
Staff Member

James,

I took a look at your site and here’s what I discovered: The JavaScript that prefills the fields on your upgrade form is not loading the logged-in user’s details. That would indicate there is a JavaScript conflict somewhere, most likely caused by one of your other plugins but even possibly by your theme.

I noticed you’re running the Shortcodes Ultimate plugin. That plugin is known to conflict with s2Member (a quick search will turn up several threads about this).

I recommend disabling the Shortcodes Ultimate plugin and testing again to see if the upgrade form prefills.

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 1:45 pm #18565
James Halski

Thanks Raam,

I tried disabling the Shortcodes Ultimate plugin, but it still doesnt work. We tried looking into the javascript problem, our developers said there is no issue with the theme. The thing is, the only place this upgrade page doesnt work is on our live site.

Our developers have it working on their servers with no issues. We also have a staging area, where we test our site located at

ftbt.staging.wpengine.com

You can use the same login info that i gave you to look at it.

Its basically a copy of our site and the upgrade page works fine there, even with shortcodes ultimate running. But when you go to our live site, the upgrade page does not work. The only difference between the staging and the live site is that the live site is HTTPS and the staging is not. Our hosting service tried it with http, still didnt work. Our developers tried it with HTTPS on their server and it did work fine. Which leads us to believe its an issue with our hosting, but our hosting service says there is nothing different between the staging and live, but how does it work on the staging? This one seems to have everyone stumped.

If its a javascript issue, does that mean the conflict is only on that page? How can we find out where the conflict is? I’m not exactly sure how all that works. Thanks for the help!

Posted: Saturday Jul 7th, 2012 at 1:57 pm #18566
James Halski

Through some shear stroke of luck, I think i just fixed the problem.

Your saying it was a javascript conflict on that page, made me think if i changed something about the page, it might work. So I decided to change the page template. I changed the template of the page from the original “Full Width” template to “Default Template” and i tried the upgrade page again, but it did not work.

I then went back and changed it from “Default Template” back to “Full Width”, went back to the page, and all of a sudden it was working. I tested it with another login, and it still worked.

I dont know how or why its working now, but i dont really care. Thank you for all the help!

Posted: Sunday Jul 8th, 2012 at 6:51 am #18602

That’s great, James! Thanks for the update. :)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.