latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Upgrade to s2Members pro not working

Home Forums Community Forum Upgrade to s2Members pro not working

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 26th, 2013 at 11:59 pm #50697

I have read through the forum topics and tried to resolve this problem, the file structure is fine wp-content>plugins>s2 members pro>pro-module.php

I tried deleting and uploading again incase the file didn’t all upload properly. The site is running on the latest version of PHP not sure where else to look….

Can provide admin login and ftp details privately if required.

Look forward to your reply

Cheers

Lynda

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday May 27th, 2013 at 5:23 pm #50725

how did you put the files on your server?
Are you aware that you need to add the folders from the zipfile using FTP.

Posted: Tuesday May 28th, 2013 at 12:43 am #50736

Yes I am aware that the zip file needs to be extracted then the folder s2member pro uploaded via FTP (using filezilla in my case) to wp-content> plugins directory.
Only a single copy of the s2members dirictory exists with a total of 3 sub directories being
Images , Includes and licensing and the following files;
checksum.txt
index.php
pro-module.php
readme.txt
In Total in the s2members pro directory there are 379 files contained in 39 folders

Just for the record and expedience this is a primary install not a multi-site nor an install on a sub domain or anything tricky like that….
Just a straight plain out of the box WordPress installation of the latest version 3.5.1
My Server details are as follow
Apache version 2.2.23
PHP version 5.3.19
MySQL version 5.5.30-cll

Additionally when I check the framework plugin (alos current version 130513) there is no indication that s2 members pro has been installed.

I don’t think that there is much more I can tell you except that it hasn’t healed itself over night…..

Hope this information brings us one step closer to a solution, as I am waiting to set the membership restrictions up so I can launch the site and I need to access the Paypal pro forms.

Thank you I look forward to your response

Lynda

Posted: Tuesday May 28th, 2013 at 1:43 am #50737

Actually, under the plugins directory you should have the following folders for s2member pro.
s2member
s2member-files
s2member-logs
s2member-pro

files and logs are created automatically once you start your site.
When you have the s2member-pro.zip on your disk and you open that you will see the s2member-pro folder with all the files in it.
Copy that folder into the plugins folder on your server.
you should then see under the plugins folder
* s2member folder
* s2member-pro folder
That should do the trick.

If you open your server and go to the dashboard you should now see s2member in the left area menu.

Let me know if this works for you.

Posted: Tuesday May 28th, 2013 at 3:02 am #50738

Thanks boudewijn

Appreciate you are trying to help here However, I have already done all this and it doesn’t work hence why I am trying to get support. Yes I have the correct directory structure

s2member
s2member-files
s2member-logs
s2member-pro

My ommission in the previous response was that the directory quoted was s2menber when it should have read s2 members-pro directory

Only a single copy of the s2members s2 members-pro dirictory exists with a total of 3 sub directories being
Images , Includes and licensing and the following files;
checksum.txt
index.php
pro-module.php
readme.txt
In Total in the s2members pro directory there are 379 files contained in 39 folders

I think I need one of the Tech supprot guys ho have a look at the site and see if they can spot the problem

Cheers

Lynda

Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 8:26 am #50817
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Could you send us logins so we can take a look please?

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Let us know when you’ve done that.

Posted: Wednesday May 29th, 2013 at 7:28 pm #50883

Hello Bruce,
I provided all the login information, FTP and site info in the previoius support request through private contact but will do it again if this is what is required to get technical support.

Here is the email response I received after I submitted my support request dated Tuesday 28/5/2013

Hello Lynda Gilmore,

Your request for s2Member® support has been received!
* You will receive a response within 24-48 hours.

Please note the forum thread you gave reference to:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/upgrade-to-s2members-pro-not-working/?qcAC=1#post-50737

Which is this specific post ID, so the details you are requesting would have already been received and are in the system somewhere…..

Sorry if you think that I am sounding a bit “frustrated” at this point, but I have been trying to resolve this problem for 5 days now and I have a client on my case wanting to know what the hold up is…

Posted: Thursday May 30th, 2013 at 1:26 am #50900

Thanks for the login info, Lynda. I reviewed your plugins directory and the problem was that s2Member Pro’s directory was named “s2 members pro” instead of “s2member-pro”. I renamed it and s2Member Pro is now active in your installation. [hilite path]WP Admin -> s2Member -> s2Member Pro Info[/hilite]

Posted: Tuesday Jun 4th, 2013 at 11:09 pm #51385

Thanks Christian for your help, Syntax problems, I just hate that! I look at that directory so many times and just didn’t notice that the hyphen was missing.

I have been busily exploring all the options with the upgrade and I must say I am really impressed with this membership package. You guys have thought or every contingency. Excellent product and Excellent Documentation! I will definitely be buying a developers license and adding it to all of the membership sites I develop.

Thanks again, (ps I won’t make this mistake again :))

Cheers

Lynda

Posted: Thursday Jun 6th, 2013 at 4:38 am #51460

Thanks for the kudos, Lynda! :)

I will definitely be buying a developers license and adding it to all of the membership sites I develop.

In your Account page you’ll find a link to upgrade just paying the price difference with the one you have now, instead of full price. http://www.s2member.com/account/

Also, it’s called Unlimited License, we don’t have a Developer’s license. If you have clients that need s2Member, please see this section: http://www.s2member.com/prices/#s2-terms-license-types

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.