latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Urgent: Error loading stream

Home Forums Community Forum Urgent: Error loading stream

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 5:12 am #39339
Ronnie
Username: Zeeflo

I followed your HOW-TO use jwplayer 6 with amazon cdn.

Step by step I followed it, edited a post like this:

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6-rtmp" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" player_width="640" player_height="360" player_image="https://www.XXX.dk:443/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/kungfupanda2.jpg" file_download="kungfupanda2/kungfupanda2_16-9_1800k_720p.mp4" /]

I get the error: Error loading stream: ID not found on the server.

Running S2member 130123 and JW player

Please prioritize!

/Ronnie

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 5:51 am #39353
Staff Member

Thanks for reporting this important issue.

Please confirm the following.

1. You’ve completed the integration between s2Member and Amazon S3.
2. You’ve completed the integration between s2Member and CloudFront.
3. This file exists in this location, inside the Bucket tied to your CloudFront distribution.
kungfupanda2/kungfupanda2_16-9_1800k_720p.mp4
4. The file name and path are correct.

If all of that checks out. How long have your CloudFront Distributions been live? Have they had time to propagate yet? Did you integrate any CNAME records when setting up CloudFront?

What is the name of your S3 Bucket please?

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:02 am #39358
Ronnie

1. You’ve completed the integration between s2Member and Amazon S3.

Done!

2. You’ve completed the integration between s2Member and CloudFront.

3. This file exists in this location, inside the Bucket tied to your CloudFront distribution.
kungfupanda2/kungfupanda2_16-9_1800k_720p.mp4

Controlled and exists.

4. The file name and path are correct.

Filename and path is correct:
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/media.movielocker.dk/kungfupanda2/kungfupanda2_16-9_1800k_720p.mp4

If all of that checks out. How long have your CloudFront Distributions been live? Have they had time to propagate yet? Did you integrate any CNAME records when setting up CloudFront?

It seems to check out. I deleted the previous distributions and started ALL over while waiting for a reply.
I still get the error. Its been live for about an hour, and both distributions are live and deployed. No CNAME is integrated.

What is the name of your S3 Bucket please?

media.movielocker.dk

If you want to investigate on my Amazon account and/or website, contact me directly to get passwords.

/Ronnie

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:18 am #39367
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

If problems persist, please submit a Dashboard login privately and we’ll run diagnostics for you.
See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:23 am #39371
Ronnie

Private dashboard contact form submitted :)

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:26 am #39373
Staff Member

Details received. Thank you!

Investigating.

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:42 am #39377
Ronnie

The oddball thing is that, the first time following your HOW-TO, it worked flawlessly..

Then I came back to s2member to write about the Mouse not autohiding.
I came back to my site, and then that error was there..

:/

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 6:49 am #39379
Staff Member

Yes, it’s strange. Your CloudFront Distribution for Downloads is working properly (I can download kungfupanda2/kungfupanda2_16-9_1800k_720p.mp4), which tells me that s2Member is having no trouble generating the digitally signed URL for both the Stream and for the Download.

But like you, I was able to reproduce the “stream not found” error when attempting to pull the file via RTMP.

Can you please upload the sample video.mp4 file, and do a test with it for me? Let’s rule out any issues with encoding by testing with a file that is known to work properly. Please download audio-video-samples.zip.

Also, try it with a file in the root of the bucket, instead of inside a folder. Does that make any difference at all?

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 7:00 am #39381
Ronnie

Hi jason.

Please check the two new posts!

They both work..

This scares me!!

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 7:03 am #39384
Ronnie

If you test my “Test Indlæg”.. I swapped the Kung Fu panda with another stream (10000 bc)..

This works!!

Im really scared now….

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 7:17 am #39391
Staff Member

So the panda video is still not working, is that correct?

I noticed this coming through when I attempt to access the panda video. It’s an HTTP header coming from CloudFront that might explain some of the unusual behavior right now. It may just take some time to propagate.

X-Cache: Miss from cloudfront
See: https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?messageID=404955

If problems persist, I would contact Amazon about this too, and see what they have to say about your existing configuration. Is it possible that something can be tweaked a little with respect to caching?

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 7:20 am #39393
Ronnie

Thats right. The Panda doesnt work, HOWEVER, the post with 10000bc, and your video does!! :/

I dont get it…….

Posted: Thursday Jan 24th, 2013 at 7:39 am #39396
Ronnie

I am suspecting that my files are being propegated to the cloudfront edge server, as I can add video files further and further down my bucket… At some point it should reach K hehe..

I think that this is whats going on!!

Posted: Thursday Jan 31st, 2013 at 6:37 pm #40209
Ronnie

@ Jason, this is information for you just in case you should ever get presented with a problem like this.

I had to subscribe for a business support account at AWS to get this issue solved, and here it is for “free”.

When CF asks for a file and JW player returns the error “ID not found on server”, its actually NOT because JW cannot find the file, CF just reports back File cannot be found.
What in FACT is happening is that, Cloudfront CAN find the file in the bucket, but the file has an encoding error.
While most players, JWplayer, VLC etc will automatically correct these errors if its streamed from another CDN or played locally etc, CF will _not_, and it refuses to stream it – but it returns an error saying: File does not exicst.

Thats it :) So if people get this error, they better do another encoding and/or check logs, or try reuploading it (errors can also occur when during transfers) :)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Ronnie.
Posted: Saturday Feb 2nd, 2013 at 6:45 am #40386
Staff Member

Excellent troubleshooting. Thanks for reporting this!
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.