latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Urgent fix needed for payment errors

Home Forums Community Forum Urgent fix needed for payment errors

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 13th, 2013 at 12:55 pm #44501

Already I have read the topics related to the following Error, “#10501. Invalid Configuration. This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration”. But still no fix I found for my issue.
Please find the details below:
Site url: http://www.figparty-direct.org/
Form page: http://www.figparty-direct.org/membership/

I am the getting above error while using visa, mastercard, discover, american express, etc. (all most all)
I have already contacted paypal people. They have checked my account thoroughly and replied that everything is fine with my account from their end and suggested me to check with your support. I m in frustration as customers are continuously calling for the same reason. Please help me ASAP

Thanks in advance
GT_S2User

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 1:47 am #44671
Llama
Username: lamarant

bump…I’m getting this same issue. please help.

site is in testing: http://bostontec.org/join/

using a .01 registration to test.

Posted: Friday Mar 15th, 2013 at 6:28 pm #44793
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

@GT_S2User

I checked your registration page and your checkout does not allow for Users to checkout via anything other than PayPal. I’m unsure what you mean here. Did you disable this because you were having an issue? If so, please send us Dashboard Login Info through our Private Contact form so that we can run test transactions and see if we can find the problem.

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

@Leonidas Amarant

At first look at your page, I notice that you have 2 Pro Forms on the same page. This is likely causing an issue, as s2Member does not support having more than 1 Pro Form on a Post/Page at a time. Please remove one of these forms and run another test transaction. If problems persist, please send us a Dashboard login via Private Contact Form.

See: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 5:05 pm #45188
Llama

Bump again…I changed back to the Forms option and configured SSL and I’m still receiving the error when I attempt to pay with a credit card. Take a look. You can register for .01 to test.

https://bostontec.org/join/?s2-ssl=yes

Please help.

Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 10:22 pm #45193
Llama

Apparently you ABSOLUTELY need to have a Paypal Payments Pro account to accept credit cards on your web site. So the bold statement in your Quick Start Guide that states *PayPal® Pro is NOT Absolutely Required* is misleading.

The honest thing to do would be to state…in bold…that you will 100%, absolutely, no-other-way-to-do-it, NEED to purchase the Paypal Pro upgrade (at $30/month) in order to accept credit card payments of any sort directly on your web site.

For me (and I suspect many others) this is cost prohibitive. Unfortunately, I went through the trouble of purchasing an SSL certificate and static IP address, thinking that was my issue, before I hunted down and found this out…setting me back another $60.

Very, very, extremely misleading. You have a nice plugin here but there seems to be no reason for me to have paid for the Pro version when at the end of the day all I am getting is a Paypal button anyway.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 20th, 2013 at 4:36 am #45204

Hey there Llama! U are absolutely right. Even my issue got resolved 2 days back and fix was the same, ‘Activation of paypal pro’!

I think the below mentioned guidelines should be highlighted (through any means), when someone purchases s2Member pro. Just a suggestion, they can highlight and notify this when a user creates a pro form… as they alert for paypal settings when not configured. Now the below one is found somewhere in paypal pro guidelines. If we are not using paypal pro, why do will pay attention here? Hope s2 people understand this!

“*PayPal® Pro is NOT Absolutely Required* s2Member is very flexible. It is now possible to integrate Pro Forms without a PayPal® Pro account, whereby the enhanced Form Shortcodes that s2Member provides can be integrated ONLY with PayPal® Express Checkout. In other words, if you get declined for PayPal® Pro service, you can still use s2Member Pro Forms. Ask PayPal® to activate Express Checkout for you. (it’s free). Once Express Checkout is enabled, you will have access to your PayPal® API Credentials. Log into your PayPal® account, and navigate to Profile -› API Access (or Request API Credentials). You’ll choose (Request API Signature). Now … here is the tricky part; whenever you generate a Pro Form Shortcode with s2Member, be sure to change accept=”paypal,visa,mastercard,amex,discover,maestro,solo” to just accept=”paypal”; thereby excluding the on-site credit card processing functionality; which is available only with PayPal® Pro.”

And to Bruce,

Thanks for responding. My issue is fixed. But my request is, Please have some better way for customers support. This is a premium plugin and forum correspondence does not help on time.
Thanks again!

Posted: Wednesday Mar 20th, 2013 at 5:54 am #45210

I am getting the same – we have not had any payments since the 5th Feb and unfortunately I have been involved in a car accident which had prevented me from exploring this further. So basically it looks like we have to buy into Paypal Pro now? Is this a new update? as it was working fine before the 5th of Feb….

Posted: Wednesday Mar 20th, 2013 at 5:57 am #45212

Although actually we don’t get the error message we get sent through to the Paypal page, you can input your data and then there is nothing, Paypal have no record of the payment, nothing goes from the card and we just end up with no payments- so mine may be different.. but it is urgent it gets fixed. http://www.welshwildlife.org/join-us/become-a-member/

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 3:10 pm #45380
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

I am getting the same – we have not had any payments since the 5th Feb and unfortunately I have been involved in a car accident which had prevented me from exploring this further. So basically it looks like we have to buy into Paypal Pro now? Is this a new update? as it was working fine before the 5th of Feb….

Please see this article regarding the differences in PayPal Products:

Knowledge Base » PayPal® Compatibility (Account Types)

You should not need to upgrade to Paypal Pro assuming that you are either using default PayPal Buttons, or have set up your Pro Forms as described here:

http://www.s2member.com/faqs/#s2-faqs-paypal-pro-not-required

If problems persist, please start a new thread.

Closing Thread.
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.