latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

URGENT Help Needed – V 130510 bust JW Player

Home Forums Community Forum URGENT Help Needed – V 130510 bust JW Player

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  RossGrant 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday May 12th, 2013 at 10:15 am #49772
RossGrant
Username: RossGrant

Hi guys,

This is pretty urgent as my site revolves around media served from JW Player.

I have just updated to version 130510 today and upon testig I now find that no pages with JW Player on actually load fully.

I am using JW player 5 at the moment with the older S2 shortcodes, but even on my staging site where I use JW Player 6 the problem remains the same.

The issue produces a similar affect to when you place S2 member level shortcodes incorrectly, where only the title of the page is loading and no sidebar or body content loads.

Was perfectly fine in the last version of S2, so this is the ONLY thing that has changed today.

Could someone try and recreate this by updating to the latest versin and visiting a page on their site which contains JW player media, served through Amazon S3/ Cloudfront and S2 Member.

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday May 12th, 2013 at 10:32 am #49773
RossGrant

Have tested this with default themes too on both sites with JW 5 & 6 and still seeing the same results.

I can only put it down to this last S2 update.

Thanks in advance, i’m sure we’ll get to the bottom of it.

Posted: Sunday May 12th, 2013 at 12:07 pm #49779
RossGrant

Further testing – deactivating S2 enables the full page to load properly but obviously won’t load the JW content as it’s served through the shortcodes.

It’s obviously a change to the way S2 handles JW player in this new version – something has borked somewhere.

Sorry I can’t be more specific Jason but at least we know it’s this latest version causing the issue – if you want me to test anything, please let me know here or drop me an email with files etc.

Posted: Sunday May 12th, 2013 at 1:07 pm #49781
Todd
Username: tdaubs

I want to confirm this bug report. I, too, updated to 130510 and JW Player stopped working and even prevented pages with JW Player from fully loading. The browser just gets stuck where the s2stream shortcode is.

Fortunately, I am hosting with a company that allows for easy restores and I reverted back to former version and everything works fine.

Don’t upgrade to 130510 if you’re using JW Player until this is addressed.

I’m using S2stream with Amazon and Cloudfront with JW Player 6.

Posted: Sunday May 12th, 2013 at 1:08 pm #49782
RossGrant

Thanks for confirming Todd! Hopefully we’ll get a fix very soon!

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 7:04 am #49809
RossGrant

Looks like Bruno has a fix for this thankfully.

There was a syntax issue on line 154 of sc-files-in-inc.php

A random ‘)’ looks like the culprit.

I guess Jason can confirm this 100%, but removing it does the trick and I can now access JW Player pages again!

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/urgent/#post-49808

Ross :)

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 8:53 am #49813
RossGrant

Actually, looking at this a bit further, the above deletion of the ‘)’ enables the page to load and the JW Player to show up just fine in version 5 of JW Player.

If using JW version 6 of the player, the players DON’T load.

I’m not a coder, so have no idea what is missing, but I’m guessing something is on that line.

Over to Jason and Cristian etc!

Hope we can get a full fix soon!

Thanks so much fellas! :)

Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 6:08 pm #49888
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up guys!

s2Member v130513 was released a short while ago to correct this issue.
Please see: http://www.s2member.com/changelog/#s2-changes-v130513
Posted: Monday May 13th, 2013 at 6:15 pm #49889
RossGrant

Massively appreciated Jason – can’t thank you enough!

Updated and tested with both JW Player 5 & 6 – everything works flawlessly!

Thanks again! :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.