latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

URL Restriction appears not to be working

Home Forums Community Forum URL Restriction appears not to be working

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 10:47 am #26574

I have put URL restrictions on

/shop/
/secure/

but can still access pages beyond these URLs without being logged in. It seems that the S2 configuration I have set is having no affect at all.

For instance

http://www.barsyndicate.com/shop/category/170gsm-laminated-posters/

What should I be checking to ensure the configuration is setup correctly?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 26th, 2012 at 12:34 pm #26597
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Andrew,

I’m not really experienced with this, but the only thing I can recommend is, have you already set up your membership options page? sDashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Sep 27th, 2012 at 6:43 am #26667

Right, I’d make sure I have a Membership Options page set up, or the restrictions won’t work.

Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:18 am #26795

Yes I have a membership options page setup. The thing is I am pretty sure this was all working until I upgraded to the very latest version of WordPress. It was then that I could get access without being logged in.

I am not entirely sure since I was testing whilst logged in so did not notice this until after the event as it were.

Can someone check if they can get to

http://www.barsyndicate.com/shop/

This is supposed to be a protected URL !

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 5:47 am #26918
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Is that page a WordPress page? It looks like you might be using a special shopping cart and trying to protect the shopping cart page. If /shop/ is not a WordPress page, then s2Member, which is a WordPress plugin, won’t be able to protect it.

If you create a new page in WordPress and protect it, does that work?

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 4:10 am #27299

My understanding was that s2 could restriction URL’s and the page I want to protect is beyond the URL I am protecting. The fact that it is a dynamic page should surely not make any difference?

I have create an actual page it does work but is there then no way to protect a URL after all?

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 6:27 am #27325

You can protect the pages served by WordPress. Is your shop powered by a WP plugin in the same installation you have s2Member installed in?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.