latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User signup email not being sent

Home Forums Community Forum User signup email not being sent

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 12:12 pm #46068

Hi
email to new user with un and pw is not being sent form either PPpro free form, or default free registration form.
Admin noticifcation email is being sent and received ok.
From the log
‘eot’ => ”,
‘auto_eot_time’ => ”,
‘notes’ => ”,
‘opt_in’ => false, Last month when I first set the form up it worked and the log has this as ‘true’
‘fname’ => xxxxx
‘lname’ => xxxxx,
‘name’ => xxxxxxx,
‘pass’ => xxxxxxx
‘fields’ =>

suggestions on how to fix this?
Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 6:09 pm #46103
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Does the problem persist when you disable all other plugins but s2Member, and revert to a default WordPress theme?

If it does, please send us the full log files and WordPress Dashboard login via Private Contact Form here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 6:51 pm #46111

Hi Bruce
Thanks for the quick reply. Disabled all plugins except s2, used default WP theme, did the registration and the email with login details arrived almost immediately.

Must be one of the plugins. Odd, I only have 9 in use, most of them are recommended for use on s2.

I’ll reactivate them one by one to see it the trouble maker can be isolated.

Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 6:59 pm #46112
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

Okay, great. Let us know who the culprit is and we’ll see if there’s any particular setting we can turn off to get it working right.

Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 8:42 pm #46115

Bruce
Odd. I enabled each plugin one at a time, filled in the form and got the correct email with UN and PW. I also completed the form without making any changes to some of the default items in several dropdown boxes.
Everything worked fine.
You can see the form at http://vetkuws.com click the register button. If you’d like to give it a try I’ll see if it works for you. use adminbruce so I can find it quickly in the user list.
Thanks for your help with this, I was getting worried as I’ve convinced my client to leave the site live now.
Really getting to like s2, and the support!

Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 9:39 pm #46117

I had the same issue recently and the culprit was WP Mail SMTP, deactivated it, problem went away, activated it and no problem.

Posted: Friday Mar 29th, 2013 at 9:44 pm #46118

Hi Don, an odd thing. I thought it might have been email user plugin as it was the only one I’ve added recently. Whatever it was, glad it’s gone away now!

Posted: Sunday Mar 31st, 2013 at 7:35 pm #46221
Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up.

That’s interesting. We do know that there have been problems with WP Mail SMTP in the past, and we have had Users disable this plugin before. However we don’t know that reactivating the plugin is safe. We’ll keep our eyes on this.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.