latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User Signup Without Completing The Form

Home Forums Community Forum User Signup Without Completing The Form

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Brian Bennis 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jan 4th, 2013 at 7:31 am #36155
Brian Bennis
Username: thumz

Hi

In the last couple of days, I’ve had a few new users signup for free membership without fully completing the S2Member form. Here’s the join page, which includes forced fields and a captcha code – http://www.sippclub.com/sipp/join/

And here’s an example of a successful registration, for which I received an email acknowledgement, showing that none of the forced fields have been completed –

I suspect it’s spam, but how can this happen? If it’s not spam, how do I correct the error?

Thanks.

Brian

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 8:50 am #36265

Hi Brian.

The custom profile fields are validated on the client’s side with JavaScript, so they can be bypassed disabling that.

Here’s a tip to add server-side validation: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/registering-without-required-fields/#post-10707

Posted: Saturday Jan 5th, 2013 at 11:47 am #36276
Brian Bennis

Dear Cristián

Thanks for the pointer. However, as I’m not a programmer, I have no clue whether to use the code referred to in the post (or whether I need to modify it in some way for my site), or where to put it.

When you have a moment, perhaps you’d be kind enough to help me with this.

Thanks.

Brian

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 5:18 am #36428

You’d need to modify the code a bit to match your custom profile fields and the validation you want to do on them.

You may want to post a job for this in a freelancers site like jobs.wordpress.net, odesk.com or elance.com. :)

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 5:52 am #36441
Brian Bennis

OK, I understand. Thanks.

Brian

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.