latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

User submitted content form?

Home Forums Community Forum User submitted content form?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 10:17 am #31448

Is there a form I can use for user submitted content?

I need the users to be able to submit a post for moderation. On an old site I used UcanPost, but it’s gone. Looking for a new one, but hoping S2Member Pro has this feature.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Nov 13th, 2012 at 7:45 pm #31512
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jim,

The s2Member plugin is not designed for restricting (or allowing) access to WordPress admin features (such as editing and publishing posts/pages). All of the s2Member Levels are based on the WordPress Subscriber role capabilities, which only allows viewing of content.

If you need to allow an s2Member Level user access to publishing content, or submitting content for review, you’ll need to make your own customizations to the s2Member Level role capabilities (using a Role Editor plugin) and then you’ll need to write the necessary code for creating a form that submits the post data and saves it as a draft for review.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 8:36 pm #31640

Can you recommend a role editor plugin that is compatible with s2member?

Instead of writing the code for the form, I may use gravity forms software for the submission form.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 14th, 2012 at 10:51 pm #31658
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Jim,

This is the role editor plugin we usually use, and works with s2Member:
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/user-role-editor/

– Eduan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.