latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Username/Password Before CCBill Payment

Home Forums Community Forum Username/Password Before CCBill Payment

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 2:15 pm #27233

I’m trying to set up the payment process so that a new user creates a username/password and then goes through the CCBill payment process. I have set s2Member to ‘Open Registration’ but I would like to verify how things should be laid out to achieve what I want. I have three levels… A person that is not logged in, Level 0 free membership and Level 1 with full access paid membership. The two payment options offered are $14.95/mo recurring or $16.95 one-time payment for one month access.

1. Do I offer the new user that has just created a free membership the ccBill Buttons for Level #1 Access (one for each payment type), or do I offer them the ccBill Modification/Cancelation Button since they are an existing member on my site?

2. Since I have members register a username/password before how would I stop s2Member from sending an email asking them to create a username/password (or does this automatically happen if they are signed into an exisiting WordPress account and the account is automatically upgraded behind the scenes without the s2Member email being sent)?

3. In this setup the s2Member ‘Approval Page’ will never be seen correct? A member would pay with ccBill, if approved see the ccBill approval page with the link at the bottom of the page back to my site in which time their membership should be upgrade. Is that upgrade instantaneous or would they need to log out then back in again?

Thank you!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 6:06 pm #27273

1. Do I offer the new user that has just created a free membership the ccBill Buttons for Level #1 Access (one for each payment type), or do I offer them the ccBill Modification/Cancelation Button since they are an existing member on my site?

The level button. Since he’s logged in, the purchase will upgrade his account. The modification button is to modify a subscription, which he doesn’t have yet.

2. Since I have members register a username/password before how would I stop s2Member from sending an email asking them to create a username/password (or does this automatically happen if they are signed into an exisiting WordPress account and the account is automatically upgraded behind the scenes without the s2Member email being sent)?

If he’s logged in when he loads the page with the button, then the account he’s logged in to will be upgraded. He’d be required to register if he wasn’t logged in before starting the order. So make sure the buttons are only shown to logged in users, restricting at Level 0 the page where they are.

3. In this setup the s2Member ‘Approval Page’ will never be seen correct? A member would pay with ccBill, if approved see the ccBill approval page with the link at the bottom of the page back to my site in which time their membership should be upgrade. Is that upgrade instantaneous or would they need to log out then back in again?

I haven’t used ccBill myself, so I’m not sure if they’ll need to log back in. To control the page they’re returned to, please read this documentation: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Approval/Denial URLs -> Approval Page Template[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 2nd, 2012 at 9:17 pm #27284

Great thanks for the info. Last question… If a user deletes their profile on my site does that automatically get translated to CCBill and stops any recurring payments to be processed in the future?

Posted: Wednesday Oct 3rd, 2012 at 5:32 am #27316
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

The user would need to use Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Buttons -› Subscr. Modification/Cancellation Buttons to prevent further charges.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.