latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Users not being promoted – CCBill

Home Forums Community Forum Users not being promoted – CCBill

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 15th, 2012 at 11:09 pm #31747
Lee Keels
Username: lkeels

I’m sorry this post is going to be a bit vague, but this is the info I have:

Since the last update, we’ve had two users report paying for a membership and yet their user level was not raised to the paid level. I had to manually promote them.

The reason I’m reporting this is that prior to the update, we only had one such report in a year of using S2Member, so I’m inclined to believe there is an issue.

Any input would be appreciated…I’d hate to have to start manually verifying each new member.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 16th, 2012 at 9:40 am #31771

Hi Lee.

Do you have the log entries for those users? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ccBill® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Also, could it be that they weren’t logged in when they paid? They have to be logged in for the existing account to be upgraded instead of the payment going towards a new account.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 3:16 am #32060
Lee Keels

We just had another one of these happen.

I’ve looked through all the logs and I cannot find anything about the unpromoted users at all, not by the CCBill subscription ID, not by the email, and not by the name.

As I mentioned in my initial post, we don’t allow an unregistered or not-logged-in user to get to the subscription buttons. Based on PHP coding, we only show the button if the user is logged in. Otherwise, they see a message telling them they need to log in before joining.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 3:54 pm #32133
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

In that case I would suspect that your user(s) thought they paid, when in fact they did not. If the logs don’t show any activity, then it’s very unlikely the user paid for an upgrade using an s2Member-generated button on your site.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 20th, 2012 at 3:55 pm #32134
Lee Keels

They paid. I have their subscription IDs and have checked and rechecked via CCBill’s dashboard.

Posted: Wednesday Nov 21st, 2012 at 1:59 am #32203

Lee, could you email us the site details, including the page where the button is? Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.