latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Using another shopping cart

Home Forums Community Forum Using another shopping cart

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 6:01 pm #8954
james guess
Username: bird

Can i still use s2meber even if Im using another shoping cart that using my paypal payments pro account? I did not even think about that when I bought the s2member license yesterday.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 9:25 pm #8986
cassel
Username: cassel

I dont think there is any problem with two services using the same Paypal. Although i am not using the Paypal pro, i have two different sites using it without a glitch and i am looking at adding a shopping cart to the same site i have s2Member on and i am not expecting problems either.

Maybe a tech person can confirm this.
Good luck.

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 11:02 pm #8990

Hi James.

It shouldn’t be a problem. Here are a couple of quotes from the documentation:

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration -> More info[/hilite]

*Quick Tip* In addition to the default IPN settings inside your PayPal® account, the IPN URL is also set on a per-transaction basis by the special PayPal® Button Code that s2Member provides you with. In other words, if you have multiple sites operating on one PayPal® account, that’s OK. s2Member dynamically sets the IPN URL for each transaction. The result is that the IPN URL configured from within your PayPal® account, becomes the default, which is then overwritten on a per-transaction basis. In fact, PayPal® recently updated their system to support IPN URL preservation. One PayPal® account can handle multiple sites, all using different IPN URLs.

*NOT True w/ PayPal® Pro* With PayPal® Pro integration you absolutely MUST set an IPN URL inside your PayPal® account. PayPal® Pro integration does NOT allow the IPN location to be overridden on a per-transaction basis. If you’re using a single PayPal® Pro account for multiple cross-domain installations, and you need to receive IPN notifications for each of your domains; you’ll want to create a central IPN processing script that scans variables in each IPN response, forking itself out to each of your individual domains. In rare cases when this is necessary, you’ll find two variables in all IPN responses for s2Member. The originating domain name ( i.e. cristian.websharks-inc.net ) will always be included somewhere within, either: custom and/or rp_invoice_id; depending on the type of transaction. These variables can be used to test incoming IPNs, and fork to the proper installation. For your convenience, an example script has been provided inside: /s2m-pro-extras/paypal-central-ipn.php. You can download all Extras here: s2m-pro-extras.zip.

[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® PDT Integration -> More info[/hilite]

*Quick Tip* In addition to the default Auto-Return/PDT configuration inside your PayPal® account, the Auto-Return URL is also set on a per-transaction basis from within the special PayPal® Button Code that s2Member provides you with. In other words, if you have multiple sites operating on one PayPal® account, that’s OK. s2Member dynamically sets the Auto-Return URL for each transaction. The result is that the Auto-Return URL configured from within your PayPal® account, becomes the default, which is then overwritten on a per-transaction basis.

*PayPal® Pro Tip* The tip above, is ALSO true for PayPal® Pro integration. There are no conflicts with Auto-Return/PDT.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Mar 23rd, 2012 at 11:07 pm #8991
james guess
Username: bird

ok thanks my friend!

Posted: Saturday Mar 24th, 2012 at 2:37 am #8996

No problem. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.