latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Using Authorize.net and S2M in the UK

Home Forums Community Forum Using Authorize.net and S2M in the UK

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 26th, 2012 at 11:30 am #29799

Hi,

We’re in the process of moving from paypal to Authorize.net but I am wondering about the limitations with it. I have a couple of questions :

1) Is it possible to change the currency to GBP? In the Pro Forms for Authorize.net, the only currency is USD and there’s nowhere else that I can find to change it. We have our Authorize.net account set up as a UK account.

2)Kind of the same issue, is it possible to change the billing details to be based in the UK?

Basically, the Pro Forms associated with S2M are all US based and I can;t seem to find anywhere to change it.

I should also say that we’re on S2M Pro.

Thanks for you help

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Paul Doffman.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Oct 27th, 2012 at 3:10 am #29896

Hi Paul.

The Authorize.Net pro-forms have the [hilite mono]cc[/hilite] attribute to change the currency, but it also says Auth.Net processes all transactions in USD… [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Authorize.Net® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> cc[/hilite]

[hilite mono]cc="USD"[/hilite] 3 character Currency Code. Authorize.Net® processes all transactions in USD.

You can try changing the code to GBP and see how it goes, I’ll email Jason asking about more details on this.

Is there a UK version of Auth.Net or did you signup with the US company?

2)Kind of the same issue, is it possible to change the billing details to be based in the UK?

You mean the address fields? How would the UK version be compared to the US one? I’m not familiar with it, so it’d help me if you could give an example. Thanks!

Posted: Sunday Oct 28th, 2012 at 8:38 am #29960

Hi Cristian,

Thanks for getting back to me.

That’s where I was getting a little confused, I can manually change the ‘cc=”USD” ‘ to be ‘GBP’ and the $ sign to £ signs so it all looks correct but I just want to make sure that if we do that, then the user will defintely be charged in GBP or their countries currency equivalent to the GBP price. Otherwise, we’ll be losing out on a lot of revenue.

We have users from all over the world so we need to make sure this price 100% correct in GBP and I wasn’t too confident that changing those bits of the code would do the job. Ideally, we’d be able to just select it from a currency dropdown then have a plugin of some kind showing the price in the users country.

When we signed up with Authorize.net, they asked us if we wanted a UK or US account, so we said UK. Maybe this is something new that they are offering? As anything I find relating to them always says US Only…

You mean the address fields? How would the UK version be compared to the US one? I’m not familiar with it, so it’d help me if you could give an example. Thanks!

They aren’t massively different, the main things would be:

‘State/Province’ – This would be ‘County’ in the UK and would always be more than the two character limit that is in place now.

‘Country’ – Can we make the default be the UK rather than US?

Can we change the naming of the fields?

The main reason I’m asking about the address fields is because I assume it’s pretty important that these are correct for the payment to go through, so if we can’t allow more than two characters in the ‘state/province’ box then the details will be incorrect and the payment will fail.

Thanks for your help,

Matt

Posted: Monday Oct 29th, 2012 at 3:48 am #30000

When we signed up with Authorize.net, they asked us if we wanted a UK or US account, so we said UK. Maybe this is something new that they are offering? As anything I find relating to them always says US Only…

I see. It’d be good to contact them to confirm this, and how you can make all transactions happen in GBP only, instead of USD. Maybe there’s a setting you can adjust in your account area with them.

Can we change the naming of the fields?

You can probably do this with a “translation” hack. Create this dir/file: /wp-content/mu-plugins/s2hacks.php

[hilite pre_code]

Posted: Friday Nov 2nd, 2012 at 7:57 am #30431
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

Up until now, Authorize.Net has been available only for US merchants (to our knowledge). According to their web site, I see they are now supporting UK merchants. We’re taking a look at some things we can tune in for UK merchants attempting to run Authorize.Net accounts. I will publish further details as they become available.

The currency attribute will have no impact on Pro Forms integrated with Authorize.Net, because s2Member Pro’s current integration with Authorize.Net, supports only US merchants, and Authorize.Net processes all transactions in USD; regardless of the configuration of your Pro Form.

Among other things, we’ll take a look at enhancing this now that Authorize.Net is supporting UK merchants.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.