latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

using coupons with paypal standard

Home Forums Community Forum using coupons with paypal standard

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 8:04 am #48894

Hi there,

I’ve managed to generate the paypal pro form for a non-paypal-pro account, and integrated with the website. It needs a bit of styling which i can take care off…

However a few issues I noticed:

1) The coupon code field doesnt appear on Chrome (it appears on FF though)
2) Users are able to checkout without filling in all the required fields.
3) Is it possible to redirect them to a page on completion of the form?

4) I was able to create a 100% coupon for the inital payment and then a yearly fee. I thought that a 100% off coupon couldn’t be created due to paypal, as even your documentation mentions paypal needs to take 0.01. Has this been rectified now?

Cheers!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 11:38 am #48926

I’ve also noticed users don’t need to fill out the required fields in their profile, and also regular registration form (that displays once they’ve made a payment via paypal button on my site.

In the settings, these fields have been set to required: yes.

Need help with this as site is to launch on Friday!

Thanks

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 5:17 pm #48946

Ok i’ve figured this much out:

The profile page was conflicting with better wp security – i’ve changed the settings, and now the validation is working as it should.

However, the registration form is not – neither the standard WordPress registration form (once user has made payment via Paypal button), nor the paypal pro form (using the code generated).

The problem is that users are able to register without filling out all the required fields. Also, found out that the user can register without entering a password.

It is imperitive that the user is not able to do this, so would appreciate some help setting this up.

Cheers!

Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 9:39 pm #48967
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Ben,

Could you please try these common troubleshooting tips? Thanks!:
Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

– Eduan

Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 9:29 am #49007

Hi,

I’ve disabled Better WP Security completely and it is now working…though i would certainly have preferred to have that plugin enabled also.

Anyway ran into some more issues:

1) I entered this for the form, which displays on the website as it should…

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="1 Year @ $0.01 / then $0.02 GBP / Yearly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="GBP" dg="0" ns="1" custom="xxxxx.co.uk" ta="0.01" tp="1" tt="Y" ra="0.02" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="1" default_country_code="" captcha="1" /]

I completed the order to test it out, again which worked fine (member acount created), but it didn’t charge me.

Here is what paypal say:

Payment details
Payment type Amount due each cycle Total cycles Remaining cycles Cycle frequency Amount sent

Initial Payment £0.01 GBP — — — £0.00 GBP

Regular Recurring Payment
£0.02 GBP Indefinite Indefinite Yearly £0.00 GBP

Total £0.00 GBP

Can you help with this query? I generated the button via paypal pro forms, so not sure what I have done wrong..

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 1:22 pm #49130

Here is what paypal say:

Payment details
Payment type Amount due each cycle Total cycles Remaining cycles Cycle frequency Amount sent

Initial Payment £0.01 GBP – — – £0.00 GBP

It says 1 cent there, have you asked PayPal why they’re rounding it down to 0? Have you tried another amount for the initial term?

Posted: Friday May 3rd, 2013 at 2:28 pm #49141

Hi,

I think i’ve got what the issue is. When I tried 0.01, the fee is also 0.01 so the net amount comes to 0.00.

I found this out, as I tried 0.50 and noticed i only recieved 0.28, so looking at paypals full history (with balance) i was able to trace this.

Hopefully this information will come in useful to any one who may test with 0.01 in future.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Posted: Saturday May 4th, 2013 at 12:07 am #49185

Got it. Thanks for the update. :)

Posted: Monday May 6th, 2013 at 5:39 pm #49284

Hi there, coming back to Coupons…

I want to integrate with Groupon eventually.

Need a facility to enter 1 time coupon passes that will allow for a FREE initially joining, and then a yearly subscription.

e.g. without a groupon voucher, members will pay £x in the first year, and then £y each year after that (that is easy enough to do).

With a groupon voucher, members will enter their groupon code and pay nothing in the first year and £y each year after that.

What is important is a one-time use of the code.

Is something like this possible?

Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 2:29 am #49351

Yes, but it’s require you to create the customization for it.

These may help:
Knowledge Base » Offering a Free Coupon Code (100% Discount)
Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> ta, tp, tt[/hilite]

And you could add the voucher to the shortcode as a custom value, and then after checkout, you could save the used voucher to a database table. Then when someone tries to use a voucher you’d check there first if it’s been used before.

These may help:
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Shortcode Attributes -> custom[/hilite]
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications -› Signup Notifications[/hilite]

Posted: Tuesday May 14th, 2013 at 2:45 am #49911

Some questions:

if the 1st trial period is free (e.g. Buying via Groupon will give one year free for example) and after then there is yearly fee, then I am assuming I don’t need to follow the “using a free coupon code” as PayPal allows for free trial? Am I correct?

I am not quite sure how to add voucher code to database table just yet and to create that type of lookup. Most likely will need a developer. Is it fairly complex and costly to do?

Thanks

Posted: Thursday May 16th, 2013 at 3:38 am #50061
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

if the 1st trial period is free (e.g. Buying via Groupon will give one year free for example) and after then there is yearly fee, then I am assuming I don’t need to follow the “using a free coupon code” as PayPal allows for free trial? Am I correct?

Correct if it’s just a free trial, you can set your trial amount to $0.00, and your duration for 1 year.

I am not quite sure how to add voucher code to database table just yet and to create that type of lookup. Most likely will need a developer. Is it fairly complex and costly to do?

I think the major thing here is not storing the codes but actually putting them to use. s2Member doesn’t directly integrate with Groupon so you’ll have to edit your Pro Form based on an external method. I’m unsure how much this would cost to have done, you’d have to get a quote. We recommend http://odesk.com, http://elance.com/, and http://jobs.wordpress.net/.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.