latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Using S2Member for Donations/Sponsor a user

Home Forums Community Forum Using S2Member for Donations/Sponsor a user

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 5th, 2012 at 9:04 pm #21195
Elise
Username: ryan.adams

Hi Guys,

I’ve been a S2Member supporter for a few years now and I am finally doing something with my pro purchase. I’ve been working on a non-profit project for quite awhile, and basically I would like to use S2member slightly differently than the standard “subscription” method.

I’m working on a network (BuddyPress/WordPress) for young peoples projects basically anyone under 30 and I would like to use S2Member for donations and sponsors to be able to sponsor individual user that subscribe.

I would like to use the different user levels in S2Member in two ways one for contributors and one for recipients.

My thought goes something like this:

Level 1: Free – Contributor! Access to all contributor pages including users project pages.

Level 2: Free – Recipient! Creation of projects, sponsorship goals, and current donations. Access to a Contributors forum, and hopefully to some cool widgets/plugins for their blogs etc…

I would like all the funds to go into one central account eg. our PayPal and then be transfered to the users account once they have achieved there goal.

The most important thing is that it’s easy to sign up and manage. And most importantly it would need to be all automated. I believe S2Member Pro should be perfect for this, but I need some help with setting everything up. Do you think the above can be achieved with S2Member?

I’m happy to pay something for setting this up.

Looking forward to a reply and keep up the great work with S2Member!

Cheers,
Elise

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:59 am #21316
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Elise,

It sounds like many aspects of this can be controlled with s2Member, but there are a few parts that you’ll either need to hire a programmer to make the customizations or find 3rd party plugins that make this possible.

For example, the s2Member Level roles are based on the WordPress Subscriber role capabilities, which only allows the viewing of content; s2Member users cannot access the WordPress back-end (which I suspect might be necessary for creating/accessing “projects, sponsorship goals, and current donations”).

If you’ll be utilizing BuddyPress for all these things, then you should be able to utilize the URI access restrictions to limit access to various URLs depending on the members level (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions).

Regarding donations and the transferring of money from PayPal to the users account: You could handle one-time payments from s2Member users by using the Capability Buy now buttons (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Capability (Buy Now) Forms), however once the money is in your PayPal account, you’ll need to handle the outgoing payments to others (or have a programmer work out a system for making that work).

We don’t offer any custom programming services here (for s2Member or otherwise), but we do recommend posting your job on jobs.wordpress.net.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.