latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Varnish Cache cPanel

Home Forums Community Forum Varnish Cache cPanel

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Philly 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 6th, 2012 at 7:58 am #18470
DrByte
Username: DrByte

Hi Jason, can you please confirm that there is no caching error between s2 and sites running on Varnish Cache servers.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 1:20 pm #18680

Hello DrByte,

The only issue I have identified as yet is obtaining the correct client IP, as I’m running apache I had to install mod_rpaf to correct this.

All else works like a dream and so far I’ve found that it performs far better than any WordPress caching plugin.

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 7:33 pm #18721
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello DrByte,

If you have any problems with Varnish Cache, you can always try Quick Cache, which is a caching plugin by Jason, it is 100% percent compatible with s2Member, so you don’t have to worry about issues. :)

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 9th, 2012 at 8:31 pm #18732
Staff Member

Hi Sam.

I’m not aware of any issues having been reported, but I’ve never tested it myself.

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 11:30 am #18813
DrByte
Username: DrByte

Thanks guys

Well, I had couple of members complaining that after filling the PayPal Pro form and submitting it, it somehow loops back to the top of the form where they have to fill it back again (the form)

I couldn’t duplicate that issue my self…When I asked (country), they both said Australia. So, I gave both a link to a PayPal button (Not the Pro Form) and they both where able to pay and create the membership.

Not sure/

Would be any issue if I have the site on both, W3 Total Cache and Varnish Cache? BTW, no issues with Google Wallet and ccBill

Sam

Posted: Tuesday Jul 10th, 2012 at 11:55 am #18815

Would be any issue if I have the site on both, W3 Total Cache and Varnish Cache?

I’ve not had any, but in some circumstances Total Cache with varnish slowed the site down compared to using varnish alone. The best config I found was using opcode caching for everything and having object caching disabled, Although this provided little additional gain, I’m only really using it for minifying and combing scripts etc, which is where it comes in worth while.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.