latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Want to sell 5 products

Home Forums Community Forum Want to sell 5 products

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 6:08 pm #28272
Adam Lee
Username: bilbong30

I have 5 products i want to sell to people after they have registered and logged in to my site using s2member. Is there a easy way to do this? Any plugins that I can use? Any features in s2member im missing that would allow me to do this? Any help would be great. I should also mention I am using authorize.net to process payments. The products would all be $7.50 with a $.75 processing/shipping fee. They can choose their qty.

Any help with this would be amazing

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  Adam Lee.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Oct 13th, 2012 at 8:18 am #28317

Hi Adam.

You can sell access through different levels, but custom capabilities will give you more flexibility too. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities[/hilite]

They can choose their qty.

Since you say quantity, does it mean you’re not selling access, but a physical product? s2Member is not a shopping cart… The pro-forms don’t have a way to let the person choose a quantity.

I have 5 products i want to sell to people

Could you explain a bit more what the products are? Thanks!

Posted: Sunday Oct 14th, 2012 at 12:46 am #28367
Adam Lee

We are selling access to a page. We have a $5 yearly membership that people will pay. Upon paying they will get access to a page where they can buy a couple products at discounted prices.

Anyway to do this or no?

Posted: Monday Oct 15th, 2012 at 8:34 am #28408

But are those products also access, or physical? If access to other pages/downloads, s2Member can do it, but if they’re physically, not.

Posted: Monday Oct 15th, 2012 at 1:02 pm #28453
Adam Lee

They are actual prodcuts. They are tickets that are mailed to people. People would need to select a qty.

Do you guys know anyone that can tie in a cart plugin for reasonable?

Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 9:38 am #28535

They are actual prodcuts. They are tickets that are mailed to people. People would need to select a qty.

Ah, got it.

Do you guys know anyone that can tie in a cart plugin for reasonable?

No, I don’t, but you can try freelancer sites like jobs.wordpress.net, elance.com or odesk.com. :)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 16th, 2012 at 11:06 am #28567
cassel
Username: cassel

I might be completely off here, but since s2M can protect pages and anything that is directly inside a wp page, maybe you can use a standard Paypal button (not with s2M), or a WP plugin for a cart (i think there is one) and use it on a page that is accessible with conditionals based on s2M ccaps? That way, a user who has purchased an “access” in s2M could then see the option to purchase whatever else is on that protected page?

Just an idea.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 8:02 am #28665

Yes, that’s what he wants. What he doesn’t know how to do is sell the product from that protected page then. Regular PayPal buttons would work, and it wouldn’t be too hard for him to generate, but since he was talking about a cart, I thought he wanted something more advanced.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 2:53 pm #28730
cassel
Username: cassel

There are several shopping cart plugins for WP. Just a quick search of plugins with “Shopping cart” as keyword gives several results. That might save him some $$ from having to hire a programmer.

Posted: Wednesday Oct 17th, 2012 at 3:44 pm #28734
Adam Lee

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think hiring someone is the only way though. Paypal buttons wont work because I am using authorize.net as my payment processor not paypal. I also would rather have it more implemented in my site rather then transferring to paypal.

The plugins wont work because they do not integrate with s2member. There is programming involved to make them work together.

Sounds like I need to get a shopping cart plugin and then pay someone to sync it with s2member.

I wish s2member would have cart functionality. I keep hearing its coming. Been hearing that though for about 6 months. So we will see.

Posted: Thursday Oct 18th, 2012 at 7:54 am #28819

If the cart works form WordPress (i.e. it’s a plugin), you can use the s2Member URI restriction to restrict access to its pages. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› URI Access Restrictions[/hilite]

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.