latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

What happens after 1 year recurring.

Home Forums Community Forum What happens after 1 year recurring.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 9:44 pm #6836
bill
Username: w1nk5

I have selected to use the “Yearly (recurring charge for ongoing access)” for my PayPal button.

My question is: What happens when their membership expires after 1 year? Will they get an email informing them to renew? Are their dues paid automatically through PayPal?

What exactly happens?

Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  bill.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 29th, 2012 at 10:59 pm #6851
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Bill,

For recurring charges, the customer will automatically be billed again when it’s time to renew. If the payment fails multiple times (how many times is up to your payment gateway), the recurring subscription will probably be canceled (again, that depends on your payment gateway; PayPal cancels the recurring profile after multiple payment failures).

When s2Member receives a cancelation IPN message for that users account (after multiple payment failures, for example), their account will be demoted/deleted depending on how you’ve configured the Automatic EOT Behavior (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Automatic EOT Behavior).

If the payment goes through, the user will continue to have access for another year.

s2Member does not currently handle EOT reminders, so no renewal notification will be sent by s2Member. Some payment gateways send their own notifications to the subscribers, but if you want to create your own EOT reminder email feature, you’ll need to do some custom programming.

s2Member provides Automatic EOT Hooks that allow you to hook into the EOT system. If you need to hire a programmer to do the custom programming, we recommend posting a job at one of the following sites:

https://www.elance.com/r/contractors/q-wordpress/
https://www.odesk.com/contractors/wordpress
http://jobs.wordpress.net

Posted: Thursday Mar 1st, 2012 at 6:05 pm #6929
bill
Username: w1nk5

Thanks Raam. What about users we put into the system manually?

The current site already has some members that paid cash for their membership to the organization. (We were using WishList Member, what a piece of crap that plugin is).

These users will have no PayPal information, when their membership expires and they are demoted to what ever level we set for EOT, how can they reactive their account?

This website is for a client and I am a developer myself, so I can handle any custom programming that needs to be done.

Thanks Again

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  bill.
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  bill.
Posted: Friday Mar 2nd, 2012 at 10:18 am #7070
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Bill,

Yes, you can create memberships manually (see Pre Sale FAQs » Can I create new Membership accounts manually with s2Member?). If the user paid for their membership using a non-supported gateway (or cash), you can manually set the expiration time on their account by entering a date/time into the Automatic EOT field on their profile.

Users can renew their membership with a supported gateway using a Modification Button (see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Subscr. Modification Buttons, which you can make available to them after they’ve been demoted (you’ll want to make sure they’re logged in when using these buttons, otherwise their payment won’t be linked to their account).

If you want them to renew using a non-supported gateway, you’ll need to manually “upgrade” their account from Free Subscriber status to the applicable level after you’ve received payment (again, this is done by editing their profile and changing their role from Free Subscriber to the correct level).

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.