latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Where do things stand with unprotecting pages

Home Forums Community Forum Where do things stand with unprotecting pages

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday May 1st, 2013 at 4:16 pm #48943
Jeff Cherry
Username: jcainc

I found several posts/threads on this issue but they all are closed or never updated…

I really need to be able to use the all command but then unprotect several pages… I saw this was being put in as a feature request a couple times about a year ago yet have not seen or heard anything on it…

I originally had just one membership and it worked great with no issues…

I now need to be able to offer 3 completely different memberships at different prices. I tried putting the 3 descriptions of each membership on the membership options page with buttons that would go to the page with the auth.net pro forms info for each one… however S2 is protecting those pages and will not give me any way (or that I can find or know of) to unprotect them since I am using the all command in level 1. I will have way too many pages to plug in all the specific pages for each level. I tried putting the couple pages on level 0 and opening free reg but it appears the all command in level 1 overides it.

Any ideas on when we will see this capability or a way around it because right now no one can sign up on my site.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday May 2nd, 2013 at 11:04 am #49013

No, we don’t have a date for it yet, sorry.

About hacking it, you could probably do it with a must-use plugin that checks if the page loaded has the ID of the exceptions and if so, bypass the s2Member restriction… I don’t have the code for it, but it’d be doable. Knowledge Base » Hacking s2Member® Via Hooks/Filters

Posted: Tuesday May 7th, 2013 at 12:28 pm #49376
Jeff Cherry

Thanks… That is beyond my skill level so I will have to find someone to do that…

Is there a way that I can offer 3 different memberships with different prices on the one Membership options page without just listing eqach one with the pro form code for each one down the page? THat would create a huge long page and confuse people… was wondering if there was a way to do some sort of drop down menu or selection type setup? Although that answer is probably way past my skilllevel as well… LOL

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 8:00 pm #49522
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Is there a way that I can offer 3 different memberships with different prices on the one Membership options page without just listing eqach one with the pro form code for each one down the page?

Unfortunately this is not currently possible. If you have multiple Pro Forms on the same page it causes problems. We’re looking to address this in the next major version of s2Member but for now you’ll have to have your Pro Forms on separate pages.

Posted: Wednesday May 8th, 2013 at 8:12 pm #49524
Jeff Cherry

and that comes back around to my original problem…. I did create seperate pages for each pro form but cannot use the other pages because S2Member is protecting them because I have the all command and cannot unprotect just those other pages or make them SSL protected like the membership options page…

So it sounds like I am screwed all around and have to get rid of S2 member now.

Posted: Thursday May 9th, 2013 at 1:46 pm #49603

Is there a way that I can offer 3 different memberships with different prices on the one Membership options page without just listing eqach one with the pro form code for each one down the page?

Well, one thing you could try is reloading the same Membership Options page when the person chooses one of the options, add a variable for the option at the end of the URL, and use that to update the pro-form. See: Knowledge Base » Using Variables In A Shortcode

I did create seperate pages for each pro form but cannot use the other pages because S2Member is protecting them because I have the all command and cannot unprotect just those other pages or make them SSL protected like the membership options page…

If you didn’t also protect “all” posts, you could create posts instead of pages for those… But I like best the variable solution I mention above.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.