latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Where in DB can we see: IP Restriction logs?

Home Forums Community Forum Where in DB can we see: IP Restriction logs?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  ricarod 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 10:44 am #14484
ricarod
Username: ricarod

Hi everyone I’m troubleshooting an IP restriction issue and after some research and testing most of you would probably agree that logs are probably the right place to look trying to find out what is happening and why, right?

Well seem like this question was asked before (see it here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/viewing-ip-restriction-logs/ ) and answer was:

“Unfortunately, there is no easy way to view the IP Restriction logs as that information is stored in the database and not a simple log file.”

Ok got that. Now, let’s assume we’ll still like to go into the DB just to learn more about the issue (learn/troubleshoot and ultimately: provide a solution to customer) where exactly in the DB should we look at for this info?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 8:04 am #14572
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

Can you explain what exactly you’re trying to see for troubleshooting?

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 8:06 am #14573
ricarod

Thank you for your reply. I was having issues with IP restrictions, issue is fixed now so no additional help needed on that regard, however reading from you that logs are not stored anywhere as regular logs but in DB I’ll like to know more about where exactly those logs can be found in DB.

Not that I need it now for troubleshooting but would like to learn more about it.

Thanks.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 8:29 am #14584
ricarod

BTW at this point is just merely a curiosity thing, honestly I have not checked on WP DB so maybe is right there is just that I was able to solve the issue before checking into but assuming is right there into DB in one of the s2 tables then no further clarification is needed, unless… there’s some kind of trick to actually find that info :p

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 5:39 pm #14636

If you search the usermeta table for entries that have ‘s2’, I think you would find the ones related to IPs.

Posted: Friday May 25th, 2012 at 6:02 pm #14639
ricarod

Awesome! Thanks ;)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.