latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Where to redirect blocked pages

Home Forums Community Forum Where to redirect blocked pages

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 24th, 2012 at 11:49 am #22989

I am blocking pages with the restriction options with Page Access REstrictions.

When a non member or member thats not on that level lands there, they end up on a 404 page.

How do I direct people to an upgrade page or something instead of getting a 404?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Aug 25th, 2012 at 12:46 am #23025

Seeing as it’s the same problem as described in this thread

I understand that users that don’t have access should be redirected to the members signup page by default.

I went ahead and disabled all my plugins as described in that thread, but it made no difference on my end…

Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 8:10 am #23113

Hi George.

s2Member redirects to the page you have selected for your Membership Options page. If that returns a 404, then there’s something wrong with that page. Maybe the permalink is not working properly. Can you load it directly when you’re not being redirected there?

Posted: Sunday Aug 26th, 2012 at 9:08 am #23115

Yes, all works and loads fine and I have selected a page for in my membership options page, but it doesnt redirect..

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 6:11 am #23150
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

That would indicate the page is probably not restricted or the person viewing the page already has access. (Did you make sure you were logged out before testing?)

Posted: Monday Aug 27th, 2012 at 7:42 am #23166

OK, I logged out and it redirected fine, but what happens when a free member is logged in?

Why won’t it redirect to the membership options page then? Surely it should do the same rather than a 404.

Its a Buddypress page to create blogs at /blogs/create so don’t know how else to restrict in the settings.

I’ve added this in the URI restrictions…

/blogs/
/members/
blogs/create/

Thanks…

Posted: Tuesday Aug 28th, 2012 at 7:07 am #23254

George, here’s a post by Jason which seems related to your problem here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/bp-redirect-not-working-for-create-blog/page/2/#post-23209

Let me know if it helps. :)

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 3:36 am #23535

Hey Guys, I’ve found the problem and it’s NOT because of S2member.

I’ve been trying to implement a social login plugin (loginradius) which has been working fine, but I see that when a user registers through the social login, the redirect creates a 404, so I have their developers working on that.

One question though now that I discovered this…

With the members option page…

If my membership option page is my actual sales page, I only want that displayed once members have actually created a free account through my join page.

So is it possible to have 2 conditions: if the user is not logged in, they get redirected to the join page.

And if they are logged in, they get redirected to the members signup page (sales page)?

Or how was the process developed to play out initially?

Posted: Thursday Aug 30th, 2012 at 8:26 am #23572

I’ve been trying to implement a social login plugin (loginradius) which has been working fine, but I see that when a user registers through the social login, the redirect creates a 404, so I have their developers working on that.

Great! I’m glad you found where the problem is.

With the members option page…

If my membership option page is my actual sales page, I only want that displayed once members have actually created a free account through my join page.

So is it possible to have 2 conditions: if the user is not logged in, they get redirected to the join page.

And if they are logged in, they get redirected to the members signup page (sales page)?

Well, what you could do is have a conditional in your Membership Options page that checks whether the user is not logged in, and redirects him to the join page if so. You can do this from the Membership Options page’s body itself, or with a hack that checks much earlier if the page requested is the Membership Options page and do the redirection.

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 4:18 am #23910

OK, thanks again for the help!

Posted: Monday Sep 3rd, 2012 at 6:28 am #23928

No problem. :)

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.