latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Will 2Members be useful for me?

Home Forums Community Forum Will 2Members be useful for me?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 11:56 am #14078

Hi,

I am creating a website that provide music to commercial stablishments. The silver users would have access to hear the radios just surfing into the web. But the gold members, would have a personalized website, like: brandname.brandtrack.fm, were the “administrator” could select which radios will appear inside his site, and could also create different usernames for each one of his stores…. so every store would have to log-in with his username inside “brandname”.brandtrack.com.ar and hear de music.

Could i assign a price for every username that this “gold member” create inside his site? or could i limit the quantity of username he can create?

In this case… i would need to buy the Network Support License right?

I hope this is clear… if not, i wouldnt have any problem to continue explaining it!

Tx

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 2:48 am #14166
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jaun,

s2Member doesn’t control access to things like limiting the quantity of users that can be created by other users.

s2Member is designed to control access to content (e.g., WordPress posts/pages and downloadable files) and to sell that content. It sounds like you need something that also controls access to administrative functions of WordPress (e.g., creating users).

The Network Support License is designed for multisite networks running blog farms, but the s2Member functionality itself doesn’t control things like administrator accounts on sub-domains, etc. The multisite support for s2Member extends the availability of the s2Member plugin to sub-sites, but it’s up to each sub-site to create and manage their own s2Member installation.

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 8:25 am #14177

Thanks Raam!

So… knowing that… Maybe i can do it manually.

I mean… if user buy the gold subscription, i will have to manually create a subdomain for him, and give him access to certain configuration just from the front-end of the theme. In this case, maybe there is a gold member that needs 5 users in his subdomain (10 dollars per user in his subdomain it will be 50 extra dollars per month + the gold subscription)… Is there a way i can adjust the payment of this user so he can pay for all he have asked?

Is there a way i can create an automatic pay-button where the user could select how many users he need, and the price it get adjusted to the quantity of user needed? Then i can do all the stuff manually, but i would like S2Member to manage the subscription and the paypal integration!

In this case, i just need to buy the “Unlimited-Site License” right? Because i wont need the S2 member in the subdomains!

Am i Right? Is all this possible?

Thanks!

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 12:01 am #14257
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Jaun,

Yes, all of that is possible. If you want to set up a page that allows the customer to select his options and then go to another page to checkout and pay, you can use Dynamic Shortcode Attributes to dynamically configure the shortcode on the payment page. You’ll need to write some code the calculates all the options and pricing based on what the customer selected and then display the s2Member Pro-Form with those options.

You can read more about Dynamic Shortcode Attributes here.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.