latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Willing to Pay for 1-2 Hours Personal Consult

Home Forums Community Forum Willing to Pay for 1-2 Hours Personal Consult

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 12:12 pm #8114

I’m no newbie; but after watching all the videos I can’t seem to find the answers I need – and I desperately need to get this working since I have a membership I NEED to launch.

I’m willing to pay at least $100 per hour to get someone to help me via GoToMeeting or Skype screen sharing (I have both).

My main issue is this;

I’m unable to understand how to handle the concept that if I setup a membership on Level #1, and then add another membership to another area, how to prevent the next level from getting access to everything underneath it.

I don’t know what I don’t know – and not even sure if I’m saying right; however from what I can see, there is no obvious way to prevent a higher level from seeing a lower level membership – each of my membership options are separate and don’t tier up or down – they are stand alone products.

Very confused; need serious personal help. Have been working at this for weeks with no success no matter what I try.

Can anyone help on a personal level, phone, screen sharing, etc. instead of email – I feel my problem would take weeks to solve using text on a page?

Terry Lamb
703-574-4719
Virginia – United States

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to the customer support forum

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 12:52 pm #8116
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Terry, thanks for your inquiry.

Before you hire someone for this, have you tried using s2Member conditionals?

You can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals.

There is also a KBA (Knowledge Base Article) on this:
Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

Does this solve your problem?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 1:04 pm #8119

Thank you; when I go look at that page (conditionals) – it only confuses me more; would have no idea how that could fix my problem really, how to use it, what option to couple it with, why I would use it, where to use it, etc.

I’m overwhelmed with the options here; I don’t know what I don’t know.

Need specific, personal help.

Hence, my willingness to pay $$$ for some real help.

My other options at this point are to use another membership plugin – was hoping to avoid that really since I have so much time invested here.

Can anyone help?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 2:48 pm #8145
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Terry,

As per our support policy, we only offer support through these forums:

We do NOT offer phone or live chat support. Support for Products by s2Member® is handled only through our Customer Support Forum.

Regarding your question: You are correct that s2Member levels are cumulative; higher levels inherit the access offered to lower levels.

However, many of our customers use s2Member with a scenario identical to yours. The way this is accomplished is by using Custom Capabilities. Instead of using various levels, you use one level and simply assign members different Custom Capabilities. (Please see the inline documentation in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities.)

The assignment of Custom Capabilities is usually done as part of the purchase button; you can configure a subscription button or Pro-Form to automatically assign a specific Custom Capability to the members account when they sign up (for example, one signup form might be for members who have access to ‘videos’, while another would be for members who should have access to ‘ebooks’).

Then within your site, you simply restrict various content by Custom Capability (e.g., all your video pages/posts would require the ‘video’ Custom Capability; ebook pages/posts would require ‘ebooks’).

We have an ever-growing collection of videos that explain various features of s2Member. If you haven’t already seen them, I highly recommend checking them out. I’m including the video on Custom Capabilities below:

<Embed Playlist>
Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:00 pm #8164

Not many times I find that it’s hard to give away money $$$ to get some personal help; but we’ll leave it at that. Wasn’t looking for something custom, just some step by step, do this, do that to get it working.

Ok, custom capabilities are understood; there’s the next issue.

If I have 10 memberships, all separated with custom capabilities; all on Level #1, how do I get each membership option on a separate Aweber list?

It appears that each member, would be opted into each list (All 10) upon signing up for any of the 10 separate memberships; how do I segment my Aweber lists specific to each separate membership?

Terry

Posted: Wednesday Mar 14th, 2012 at 7:39 pm #8183

If you have 10 membership levels you can assign each level a different custom capability like

So level #1 and custom capability ‘one’
So level #2 and custom capability ‘two’
So level #3 and custom capability ‘three’

and so on.

So when someone joins at level #2 they get assigned the custom capability ‘two’ and therefore are unable to access any of the other levels ie they cannot access level #1 because they dont have the custom capability ‘one’.
That then solves your email list problem.

Hope that helps

Posted: Thursday Mar 15th, 2012 at 4:07 am #8201

Hi Terry.

Philly’s suggestion would work to use the AWeber integration, which only deals with levels so far, not custom capabilities.

You’ll be giving them a level for the purpose of having them related to separate AWeber lists, but you’d protect the content with custom capabilities instead of levels, which will keep each user to the content he paid for and not the rest.

The coming major release of s2Member will give you way more control over the AWeber integration to add them to lists based on the access you’re selling them without having to create workarounds like the above.

Another thing I wanted to mention, just in case it’s a problem for you, is that the current s2Member only supports one subscription per user. That is, only one recurring payment subscription, so a user that is paying monthly for Access 1 won’t be able to also pay monthly for Access 2.

That isn’t a problem if they are one-time payments for lifetime access, though. He can pay one time for each of the accesses you sell and they wouldn’t have an issue.

Multiple subscriptions per user and separate times for each access is another thing we’re working on to make possible in the coming major release.

I hope it helps.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.