latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Wire Transfer

Home Forums Community Forum Wire Transfer

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 8:20 am #35610
Andaluzo
Username: andaluzo

Hi,

I want to give my users the opportunity to send money via wire transfer.

Is it possible to have a payment option (wire transfer), where the user gets only an email with instructions how to transfer and is registered afterwords as a non paid user until we get the transfer in the bank and give then the user a manual access.

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 4:09 pm #35745
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi there,

You could possibly do this, but you’ll have to handle user creation manually. You can send users access through Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Registration Access Links. Because the user doesn’t get a Subscription ID, you’ll need to set up this form with a fake Subscription ID, and s2Member will not be able to demote/upgrade the user normally this way.

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 5:31 pm #35755
Andaluzo

Thanks Bruce,

Is there a manual for generating a own Payment gateway which we can hook into te paypal pro form?

Do you know how many hours would that be to code that (to get a feeling what i could pay for a freelancer doing that) ?

Thanks

Posted: Sunday Dec 30th, 2012 at 2:30 am #35780
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi there,

As per Pre Sale FAQs » Can I add support for other payment gateways?, s2Member does not support the feature to add additional payment gateways, and we do not currently have an API to do this with. s2Member does have, however, a few test files outlining the way the IPN processor works within /s2member/includes/classes/, and several payment gateways to use as a guideline. A developer familiar with s2Member can use these files to add an additional payment gateway, but it would require many hours of work and very good understanding of both s2Member and the payment gateway that you’re looking to get set up.

Posted: Sunday Dec 30th, 2012 at 3:23 am #35786
Andaluzo

Can you define the term “many hours” a bit more precise with the definition of task that I gave in my first post and is there a Job market for s2member developers?

I do understand that you do not Support this, but there should be a possibility for every user / customer to extend a nice Framework like s2member to new levels. When such gateways become available, it would be also a Door opener for s2member in new markets esp. for Europe where S2member is still kind of limited in language and payment options.

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday Jan 1st, 2013 at 3:53 pm #35917
Bruce
Staff Member

Can you define the term “many hours” a bit more precise with the definition of task that I gave in my first post and is there a Job market for s2member developers?

I’d say it’d take a freelancer could set this up in 2-3weeks, but it depends on the level of experience that the programmer has.

I do understand that you do not Support this, but there should be a possibility for every user / customer to extend a nice Framework like s2member to new levels. When such gateways become available, it would be also a Door opener for s2member in new markets esp. for Europe where S2member is still kind of limited in language and payment options.

Yes, I totally understand and agree. In the next major version of s2Member we’re hoping to make this much simpler to set up.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.