latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Wishlist Member to s2member

Home Forums Community Forum Wishlist Member to s2member

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Aug 3rd, 2013 at 11:36 pm #55033

I am making the switch from Wishlist Member to S2Member. I have purchased the Pro version of S2. I deactivated WL Member and activated S2. Everything seems to be going fine, but I want to make sure that my recurring payments continue for my current members. I exported all the data from Wishlist before making the change. I only have about 150 members, and I would like to manually configure each user/member rather than trying to import it in bulk. I am using PayPal and have the Paid Subscr. ID for each user in the export file from WL Member. I’m not sure what I should enter for the “Custom Value”. Do I need to enter something in that field? If so, what is it and where do I find it?

Thanks!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 4:55 pm #55094

I’m not sure what I should enter for the “Custom Value”. Do I need to enter something in that field? If so, what is it and where do I find it?

All you need here is the installation host name (e.g. your domain name).

If your site is running at www.example.com, please type www.example.com into this field.

See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes (Explained) where it discusses the custom Shortcode Attribute. This will give you some further insight.

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 5:20 pm #55100

Thanks, Mike. Is there anything else I need to do for the recurring payments to continue after the switch from Wishlist to S2Member?

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 5:43 pm #55110

It sounds like you’ve done most everything that’s required. The only other thing I would warn you about, is related to PayPal IPNs. Often times, it is not possible for s2Member® to receive and verify IPNs coming in from what was formerly connected to WishList Member. This is a PayPal limitation. Depending on your previous configuration of WishList and how your IPNs were communicating with WishList, you may receive “unable to verify HTTP host” in your s2Member® IPN log file for those old members when/if they cancel or payments start failing.

If you find this is the case, it can help to setup a manual EOT Time in the Dashboard for each of your old members who need to be expired on a specific date in the future. You will find the EOT Time field for each User by clicking [EDIT] next to a user in your list of users (e.g. from the Dashboard).

You may also find this article helpful: Knowledge Base » How to Migrate to s2Member Pro from Other Software

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.