latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Would s2Member cover my needs?

Home Forums Community Forum Would s2Member cover my needs?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Mike (Volunteer Moderator) 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 3:11 pm #55078

I will be selling software in the future and need something that gets fairly close to the functionality listed below.

I need something that allows a user to create an online account (which has a personal library), buy digital goods, and then store them in their personal library. This library would have a selection of categories (Music, Art, Linux, Mac, Windows, etc), then a set of sub categories (eg 32 bit and 64 bit, MP3 or FLAC). The items the user bought would be downloadable via this library. Each download link in the library needs to be a unique URL to the digital goods that are only accessible while the user is logged in (to prevent wanton piracy). The library should also have the features of showing how big the download is and even when a software title has been updated (being able to have access to a change log would be cool).

I would also need the ability to sell just a key and then let users claim it. A possible scenario is to have a special where a user buys a software package and is given a key to a second copy for free. They could then gift this to another user, who could create a new account and then claim the key, thus adding the software to their library as well.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 4:27 pm #55084

Each download link in the library needs to be a unique URL to the digital goods that are only accessible while the user is logged in (to prevent wanton piracy).

s2Member® can certainly accomplish this part for you.
See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options

I would also need the ability to sell just a key and then let users claim it.

s2Member® can generate these keys for you and these can be used to generate links for these customers.
Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Download Restrictions

The other parts of your wishlist would require a custom integration with s2Member®. Really, just someone who knows their way around WordPress® templates. Most of the other parts of your request are related to presentation. Most of the functionality you desire is contained within s2Member®. It will just take some work to integrate this into the larger picture that you have in mind.

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 4:41 pm #55087

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll install s2Member into the copy of WP I have on my machine and see if I can get it set up to a semblance if what I want. If I can do that, I’ll be buying a copy of s2Pro in the future.

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 5:33 pm #55106

Just thought of a second question. Does s2Member support Bitcoin transactions?

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 5:35 pm #55107

Just thought of a second question. Does s2Member support Bitcoin transactions?

Not at this time. We are looking at this for a future release, but it’s not currently in the official copy.

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 5:43 pm #55109

Hmm, looking at the advanced download restrictions, this was not what I was talking about at all. This allows a user to download the file regardless of previously set restrictions. What I need is for a one time key to be generated that allows a separate user to add the file to their library, as I stated in my very first post.

Here is a real world example. Lets say I buy a Humble Bundle as a gift. Instead of the bundle being added to my library, I am given a one time use key that I can share with one of my friends. That friend can then go to their Humble Bundle library and claim the key, thus adding all software under that key to their library. THAT is what I need and is extremely vital to my future business.

Any idea when BC support will be added?

Posted: Sunday Aug 4th, 2013 at 5:47 pm #55111

Here is a real world example. Lets say I buy a Humble Bundle as a gift. Instead of the bundle being added to my library, I am given a one time use key that I can share with one of my friends. That friend can then go to their Humble Bundle library and claim the key, thus adding all software under that key to their library.

I’m sorry. No, that’s not possible with s2Member® or with s2Member® Pro by default.

Any idea when BC support will be added?

What does BC stand for please?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 3:40 pm #55314

BC stands for BitCoin. It’s a semi-common abbreviation

Posted: Tuesday Aug 6th, 2013 at 4:38 pm #55316

Got it. Thanks Chris! :-)

No official release date that I can give out. From what I’m hearing it sounds like it could be mid-Sept; but not really 100% sure on this. We’re not permitted to give release dates I’m afraid. The techs release these details publicly to everyone whenever they feel it’s very close to a launch.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.