latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

wp-admin loop…ugh!

Home Forums Community Forum wp-admin loop…ugh!

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 18th, 2012 at 11:19 pm #19714
Joe Palmer
Username: coachjoe

I think I created a loop whereby I used the e-mail address that is aligned with my WP Admin (not sure!) and what I get is looped back to the Member pages (Login or Welcome) – yet, I cannot now go to my “wp-admin” URL to edit my site! HELP!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 11:52 am #19760
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Joe,

In my understanding, that really shouldn’t be happening at all, can you not login into your admin account? Even with the normal WordPress login page (yourwebsite.com/wp-login.php)?

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 3:15 pm #19771
Joe Palmer

Yes, that is precisely what is occuring…I cannot use my website.com/wp-admin to access my site…what happens, is that URL takes me to my (test) Member login page and forwards me to the Welcome page, thus the loop…there may be a simple solution…all I need to be able to do is access my wp-admin page and NOT the sMember login/welcome page…do you think I accessing my “files” via HostGator and deleting the plugin will work? I’d prefer to keep what I’ve created, but if I have to do that…ideas?

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 3:26 pm #19773
Eduan

So, you say this is probably because you used the same email in two accounts correct? If so, I don’t believe this should happen, at worst WordPress would just tell you to use another email address.

Did you do anything else besides making that user?

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 3:48 pm #19776
Joe Palmer

Yes (I think!) – I used the same e-mail (actually there are two-an account for the site me@website.com, which forwards to me@aol.com) for the Member test that WP sees as the Admin e-mail…I only used those addresses…

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 3:58 pm #19777
Joe Palmer

Thank you for your support!

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 3:59 pm #19778
Joe Palmer

I’m really hoping there is a simple solution for this…can I have WP reset the admin e-mail?

Posted: Thursday Jul 19th, 2012 at 4:49 pm #19781
Eduan

I don’t know what to say at this point…

I could only tell you to uninstall other plugins besides s2Member, or uninstall s2Member, all after making a complete backup of course. :)

Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 3:06 pm #19851
Joe Palmer

Thank you so much Eduan! I will likely uninstall s2Member via HostGator by deleting the files and directories since I cannot access the WP site to uninstall from there…is this right? I am also investigating HostGator to see if I can change the User and/or Password to get into the WP site without losing s2Member (the good news is that I didn’t get very far yet!) My concern, since I’m so new to all this, is that simply deleting the files/directories may make the problem worse since I am not doing an actual “Uninstall.” – your thoughts?

Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 5:07 pm #19858
Eduan

Hello Joe,

I believe this should cause a problem since you’re installing it back again, although your settings will be lost, the rest should be OK.

Although, I don’t think s2Member is causing the issue, you’re probably gonna have to reinstall WordPress.

Also, you can change the email of the admin user through PHPMyAdmin, in case that’s the problem.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 10:14 am #46384
Joe Palmer

Eduan: I received an e-mail from some malicious spammer…please help!!

Posted: Tuesday Apr 2nd, 2013 at 10:24 pm #46437
Eduan

I answered in your other post Joe. :)

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.