latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

WP Engine

Home Forums Community Forum WP Engine

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 12:48 am #20141

Is s2member compatable with wpengine hosting? I just migrated there and everything seems fine accept for new 2032 errors and dont have permission warning…

Are there any setting that have to be changed at WPengine or s2member setting that need modification?

BTW if someone doesn’t have access it would be cool if there could be an option to send them instead to the Membership Options page like when a member page is clicked. The error message in the player can be confusing to non computer literate users… must say the message is a little cryptic and tiny.
thanks
Tribe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 8:12 am #20192

Hi Arthur.

Is s2member compatable with wpengine hosting? I just migrated there and everything seems fine accept for new 2032 errors and dont have permission warning…

Are there any setting that have to be changed at WPengine or s2member setting that need modification?

I don’t know about WP Engine, whether it works fine with s2Member or not. You can try this server check tool to see if it reports any problems: http://www.s2member.com/r/server-check-tool/

BTW if someone doesn’t have access it would be cool if there could be an option to send them instead to the Membership Options page like when a member page is clicked. The error message in the player can be confusing to non computer literate users… must say the message is a little cryptic and tiny.

Do you mean the protected files? They do take you to the Membership Options page. If you’re opening with a player, though, the player will be sent to the page and since it’s not a media file, it’d give an error. You may want to look at how to customize the player’s errors. Or just show the player to those with enough access, wrapping it with a conditional. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 9:39 am #20199

Hi Cristián,

Thank you for getting back quickly.

I ran the php diagnostics.
This was all that it returned everything else passed. I have changed wp-config to 64m using auto fix and reran scan all passed. Problem still a problem both for JW Player & browser remote authorization.

Notice[NOTICE] WordPress® Memory Limit
AUTO-FIX!dismiss?
Although NOT required, s2Member® recommends that you raise your WordPress® memory limit (please set: WP_MEMORY_LIMIT in /wp-config.php), to at least 64M (i.e. 64 megabytes). Please see: this how-to article. Or consult with your web hosting company about this message. Your current memory limit allows only: 32M

Also this site worked perfectly at godaddy and bluehost i am trying to leave them both because success of the site (erichschiffmann.com) and their indifference to service. So i know that my mob rewrites for protected files work. Also non protected mp3 and mp4 files outside of s2-member-file folders work fine too.

Try this link that used to ask for login when loaded in browser it is returning 404 error

http://erichschiffmann.com/wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/s2member-file-inline/s2member-skip-confirmation-no/s2member-file-remote/s2member-file-storage-local/access-s2member-level0/2012/06/2012-06-21a_riding-a-big-wave.mp3

Do you mean the protected files? They do take you to the Membership Options page. If you’re opening with a player, though, the player will be sent to the page and since it’s not a media file, it’d give an error. You may want to look at how to customize the player’s errors. Or just show the player to those with enough access, wrapping it with a conditional. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

I am pretty sure this is a server issue so i may just need to know what to tell the support people at WPengine.com hosting… Thank you for your assistance and this awesome plugin.

Thanks for the heads up and i will see if i can figure out how to write custom error message which appear in JWplayer screen 2032 or the link and access are cryptic plus would prefer error didn’t show link structure. BUT it would be really cool if someone doesn’t have member access is encouraged to upgrade when trying to play clip… I know i could lock down page player is on but would prefer not to so non members can see what they are missing.

Thank you for your help love the plugin and looking forward to getting it up and running.

Arthur
Arthur@eventhorizonlabs.com
424-234-8858

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 9:41 pm #20259
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Arthur,

I tried that link you provided above and it asks for the login. It looks like you’ve solved this problem?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 9:48 pm #20262

Hi Raam,

Thank you for your help…

Problem solved here is the answer:
http://wpmewe.org/forums/topic/wpengine-com-hosting-s2member-2032-error-plugin-issue/

I totally love the speed on WPEngine and they live up to the word of amazing custom help.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 25th, 2012 at 11:50 pm #20277

That’s great. Glad you solved it. :)

I know i could lock down page player is on but would prefer not to so non members can see what they are missing.

But using the conditionals you could just replace the player with an image of it for those that don’t have access to the video. The page would still be accessible, just the player won’t work, or could link to the Membership Options page.

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 1:39 pm #20415

hi Cristian,

This solution sounds perfect… Can the condition be written to apply to all 2032 errors or you may not have permission” JW Player responses to error? Is there a video or tutorial on how to

Do you mean the protected files? They do take you to the Membership Options page. If you’re opening with a player, though, the player will be sent to the page and since it’s not a media file, it’d give an error. You may want to look at how to customize the player’s errors. Or just show the player to those with enough access, wrapping it with a conditional. Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals

I love s2member great plugin..

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 10:24 pm #20471

The error wouldn’t even happen with the player, because the player would only be shown to those with access to the file if you use the conditional the way I said earlier. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.