latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

WP User Search Not Working

Home Forums Community Forum WP User Search Not Working

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Aug 5th, 2013 at 11:59 pm #55267

I saw this thread on the topic, but see that it was really never addressed: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/cant-search-for-s2member-users-within-wp/

Recently updated to the newest version of S2Member Pro on a multisite install and now every time I search for a user, I get the following message: “No matching users were found.” Same thing happens when I search for a user from the main Admin page. These users are definitely in the system, as you can page through all users and find them…but they do not show up when I search for their email or whatnot.

Any help would be huge on this, many thanks in advance!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 7th, 2013 at 10:37 pm #55381

James, are you using the latest s2Member? One of the latest releases improved the users search. http://www.s2member.com/changelog/

If that doesn’t help, could you try these? Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 6:56 am #55412

Thanks for your response, Cristian. Yes, using the latest version of S2Member on a multisite install. When I deactivate S2Member, my user search works just fine. When I reactivate it, the user search no longer works. Can’t find any plugins that are conflicting with S2Member at this point.

Posted: Thursday Aug 8th, 2013 at 7:00 am #55414

Okay. Could you submit your site’s info so I show it to Jason to investigate? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 2:43 am #55730

I am having the same issue. Although I have 8,000 members, and it is taking down our whole server when we do a search. It locks the wp_usermeta table so that no other query can run. The only way to bring the server back is to kill the query.

We have a dedicated server with 32 G of RAM, so it definitely isn’t the server.

Here is the query that locks:

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS wp_users.ID  
FROM `wp_users` 
INNER JOIN `wp_usermeta` ON `wp_users`.`ID` = `wp_usermeta`.`user_id`  
WHERE '1' = '1' AND ( 
(`wp_usermeta`.`meta_key` = 'wp_s2member_subscr_id' AND `wp_usermeta`.`meta_value` LIKE '%SEARCH-STRING%') OR 		(`wp_usermeta`.`meta_key` = 'wp_s2member_custom' AND `wp_usermeta`.`meta_value` LIKE '%SEARCH-STRING%') OR (`wp_usermeta`.`meta_key` = 'wp_s2member_custom_fields' AND `wp_usermeta`.`meta_value` LIKE '%SEARCH-STRING%') OR (`wp_usermeta`.`meta_key` = 'wp_s2member_notes' AND `wp_usermeta`.`meta_value` LIKE '%SEARCH-STRING%') OR (`wp_usermeta`.`meta_key` LIKE '%_name' AND `wp_usermeta`.`meta_value` LIKE '%SEARCH-STRING%') OR 
`user_login` LIKE '%SEARCH-STRING%' OR 
`user_nicename` LIKE '%SEARCH-STRING%' OR 
`user_email` LIKE '%SEARCH-STRING%' OR 
`user_url` LIKE '%SEARCH-STRING%' OR 
`display_name` LIKE '%SEARCH-STRING0%'
) AND `wp_users`.`ID` IN(
	SELECT DISTINCT(`user_id`) FROM `wp_usermeta` WHERE `meta_key` = 'wp_capabilities'
) 
ORDER BY user_login ASC LIMIT 20 

Please advise.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 2:49 am #55731

As soon as I posted, I realized we might need to upgrade – we have v130513, so there is a newer version that hopefully solves this. Stay tuned.

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 3:07 am #55734

Yup, now it works great – sorry for all that!

Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 6:13 am #55749

Thanks for the update! I’m glad you sorted it out. :)

Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 12:35 am #55987

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE

Action taken: I posted a private contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 12:42 am #55988
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for sending the Private Contact Form request.

We are aware that there is a bug with the User Search in a certain situation in WordPress Multisite, which appears to be affecting your installation. In the last release of s2Member (130802) we addressed an issue with User Pagination in the WordPress Dashboard, and our test installation didn’t show any problems. Sorry about that.

We will have a new version of s2Member and s2Member Pro released within the next couple days with a fix. In the mean time, there is a patch file here:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/user-search-no-longer-working/#post-55778

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.