latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

WPMU, S2M & BuddyP – Registration & Login

Home Forums Community Forum WPMU, S2M & BuddyP – Registration & Login

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jun 12th, 2012 at 7:16 pm #16299

Since a week I’ve activated the MultiSite option and added BuddyPress.

From the beginning I’ve been unsure about which part handles or should handle the membership registration, the login and the profile page.

Since a couple of days I receive messages that people have registered on the site but never were able to login. I can’t find any new users similar to the info they send me. They also write me that they receive on their display a message like:
“Sign Up Complete!
You have successfully created your account! To begin using this site you will need to activate your account via the email we have just sent to your address.”

But they don’t receive an email. I don’t recall that this e-mail confirmation route was happening before at all.

The sites address is: http://www.jazzharmonica.org

I’ve read the configuration documentation 100 times now but all seems to be configured just fine to me.

The feeling I have is that somehow there is a mismatch between S2Members and BuddyPress. Both have their own registration pages and it looks to me that currently only the buddypress pages are used.

Many thanks for your help in advance,

Wim Dijkgraaf

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 9:11 am #16376
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Wim,

For problems with email delivery, please see Knowledge Base » Troubleshooting Email Delivery Problems.

Regarding the BuddyPress registration confusion: You’ll need to hide or redirect the BuddyPress registration page to point to the WordPress/s2Member registration page, otherwise users might not register at the correct page.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 13th, 2012 at 10:12 am #16383

Hi Raam,

Many thanks for your reply. The e-mail delivery problem is solved now.

My question now is how do I hide or redirect the BuddyPress registration page?

I’ve tried to configure the “pages” tab of the BuddyPress settings. But by selecting “none” for “registration” and “none” for “activate” does gives me 404 page errors on the wp-login.php?action=register URL.

Posted: Thursday Jun 14th, 2012 at 6:05 am #16428

I don’t recall that this e-mail confirmation route was happening before at all.

This is something BuddyPress does. BuddyPress pretty much takes over the registration process and the wp-login.php one is disabled by BP apparently.

If you don’t use BuddyPress’ registration, you can use the s2Member free registration pro-form. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.