latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Wrapping multiple shortcodes does not work

Home Forums Community Forum Wrapping multiple shortcodes does not work

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Julkie 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 3:35 pm #54653
Don Pezet
Username: dpezet

I just updated to the latest version of s2Member and thought I would give the new shortcode wrapping feature a shot. However, it does not appear to work for me. I tried my own configuration, and then I tried the example posted in s2Member->Auth.net Pro-Forms->Wrapping Multiple Shortcodes as “Checkout Options”.

Either way it looks like WordPress is ignoring the wrapper shortcode and going straight for the pro-form shortcodes which results in the “Detected more than one s2Member Pro Form” error. I can clearly see the [s2Member-AuthNet-Pro-Form] shortcode written as text on the page so it is being ignored. You can see my failed test page here:

http://edulive.staging.wpengine.com/itprotv/pricing-and-plans/standard-membership-selection/

And here is the code I used:

[s2Member-AuthNet-Pro-Form]
  [s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="2" ccaps="monthly" desc="Standard Monthly Membership $57 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" custom="edutainmentlive.com|25.00" ra="57" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" cc="USD" accept_coupons="1" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]
  [s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="2" ccaps="annual" desc="Standard Annual Membership $570 USD / Yearly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" custom="edutainmentlive.com|50.00" ra="570" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" cc="USD" accept_coupons="1" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]
  [s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="3" ccaps="monthly" desc="Premium Monthly Membership $77 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" custom="edutainmentlive.com|25.00" ra="77" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" cc="USD" accept_coupons="1" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]
  [s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="3" ccaps="annual" desc="Premium Annual Membership $770 USD / Yearly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" custom="edutainmentlive.com|50.00" ra="770" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" cc="USD" accept_coupons="1" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]
[/s2Member-AuthNet-Pro-Form]

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 6:13 pm #54664

Please change [s2Member-AuthNet-Pro-Form] to [s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form] in both the opening and closing tag. That should fix you up. I’m notifying the developers about this, because it appears this is an error in the documentation. The functionality is fine.

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 6:25 pm #54666
Don Pezet

I made the change. The duplicate form error is now gone, but the page is still not working. It now throws this error:

Invalid form configuration. Missing “desc” attribute. Please provide a Description for this form.

Even though I specifically have a description listed for each form (see my code above).

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 6:28 pm #54667

Thanks for the follow-up. I was unable to reproduce that given the list of Shortcodes above.
Can you post your full code now after that revision please?

Here’s what I have working properly.

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form]
  [s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="2" ccaps="monthly" desc="Standard Monthly Membership $57 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" custom="edutainmentlive.com|25.00" ra="57" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" cc="USD" accept_coupons="1" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]
  [s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="2" ccaps="annual" desc="Standard Annual Membership $570 USD / Yearly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" custom="edutainmentlive.com|50.00" ra="570" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" cc="USD" accept_coupons="1" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]
  [s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="3" ccaps="monthly" desc="Premium Monthly Membership $77 USD / Monthly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" custom="edutainmentlive.com|25.00" ra="77" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" rrt="" cc="USD" accept_coupons="1" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]
  [s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="3" ccaps="annual" desc="Premium Annual Membership $770 USD / Yearly (recurring charge, for ongoing access)" custom="edutainmentlive.com|50.00" ra="770" rp="1" rt="Y" rr="1" rrt="" cc="USD" accept_coupons="1" accept="visa,mastercard,amex,discover" coupon="" default_country_code="US" captcha="0" /]
[/s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form]
Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 6:59 pm #54677
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

We’ve had this corrected in the release of s2Member® Pro v130801 (now available).
Please see: s2Member® Unified Changelog » v130801

This was a documentation error only. We’re not aware of any issues with the functionality itself. You should have the following, as Mike mentioned earlier. See below.

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form]

Please let us know if you can confirm this is working for you now. Thanks!

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 9:41 pm #54700
Don Pezet

OK, so something is strange on my end then. I have updated to the latest version and when I attempt to wrap up more than one pro-form I still receive this error:

Invalid form configuration. Missing “desc” attribute. Please provide a Description for this form.

I even tried the cutting and pasting the exact code from the documentation and received the same error. This is the example I used:

[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" accept_coupons="1"]
	[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="1" desc="Option 1 ($10.00)" ra="10.00" /]
	[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="2" desc="Option 2 ($20.00)" ra="20.00" /]
	[s2Member-Pro-AuthNet-Form level="3" desc="Option 3 ($30.00)" ra="30.00" /]

I placed that on a page all by itself with no other content and received the above error. You can see it for yourself here:

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 9:54 pm #54701

I can confirm that’s working properly from my end.

– WordPress® v3.6
– s2Member® v130801 & v130731 both working properly w/ these Shortcodes.

Have you tried running a quick test against a default installation of WordPress? It almost looks like your Shortcodes are getting corrupted somewhere between the WordPress® Visual Editor and actual parsing from s2Member®. This can sometimes be caused by plugin conflicts. If you have any plugins that modify or filter content, you might turn those off temporarily to see if you can pinpoint the conflicting plugin. It could also be a theme conflict for that matter.

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 11:11 pm #54715
Julkie
Username: julienskinny

Hi, I am having the same problem, i could not get it to work, even after the update and using the correct short codes it didn’t work

Regards,
J

Posted: Thursday Aug 1st, 2013 at 11:33 pm #54725

OK. That makes two reports this against a relatively new feature. Let’s have a look at one of your Dashboards please. If one or both of you can submit a Dashboard login privately, we’ll take a look at this for you; because thus far we’ve been unable to reproduce this in our lab.

Please be sure to submit a clean/test installation of WordPress® where the only active plugin is s2Member® and s2Member® Pro; and running a default WP theme. Please use: s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday Aug 2nd, 2013 at 3:44 am #54740

Update: we found a way to reproduce this elusive issue and a fix for the desc error is coming shortly.

Posted: Friday Aug 2nd, 2013 at 6:15 am #54748
Staff Member
Additional Updates To This Feature in s2Member® v130802
Please see: s2Member® Unified Changelog » v130802
~ This should resolve the desc="" empty error reported by some site owners.
Posted: Friday Aug 2nd, 2013 at 9:22 am #54769
huy duong
Username: killdeer

Thank you. It works now. However it does not work along with free user signup form

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="1" level="0" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]

Is there anyway to integrate this form into the wrapping mulitple shortcodes too?

Update: the form for level 0 appears correctly, but the dropdown option list disappears.

Posted: Friday Aug 2nd, 2013 at 9:40 am #54770
Don Pezet

I can confirm that it does work for me now. You can flag my issue as resolved.

Thanks for resolving this in such a short amount of time even though it wasn’t a critical issue. You guys must never sleep.

Don

Posted: Friday Aug 2nd, 2013 at 9:51 am #54771
Julkie
Username: julienskinny

Hi fixed mine as well.

J.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.