latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Wrong Pro Version on s2Member Site?

Home Forums Community Forum Wrong Pro Version on s2Member Site?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Randy King 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 16th, 2013 at 10:16 pm #56057
Randy King
Username: RandyKing

I just updated the base plugin on a site and, of course, the dialog comes up to upgrade the pro module. So I enter my credentials and get “Not enough memory. Unzipping s2Member Pro via WordPress® requires 256M of RAM. Please upgrade via FTP instead..”

OK, I’ll deal with that later, so I go to the s2Member site and download s2member-pro.zip, unpack it, rename s2member-pro in the plugins directory to s2member-pro.old and FTP the new unpacked one into its place, being sure that the top-level directory contains the right files, including the readme.txt which says:

Version: 130816
Stable tag: 130816

When complete, however, the dialog in my admin panel says: Your s2Member Pro Module must be updated to v130816+. Please log in at s2Member.com for access to the latest version.

It appears that the PRO version on the website is different than what would be loaded from the control panel.

Or I’m missing something. Any thoughts?

See also: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/how-to-fix-not-enough-memory-for-upgrades/

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 12:38 am #56215
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Sorry for the delay over the weekend.

I can confirm that the version of s2Member Pro at s2Member.com is 130816, and I just upgraded on two test installations and it seems to be working correctly.

Are you still having this issue?

Posted: Tuesday Aug 20th, 2013 at 8:00 am #56251
Randy King

Bruce, I uploaded pro 3 times and got the same issue. Finally, I replaced the core framework then uploaded pro and it seems to be working fine. The manifest in the Readme says 130816 as you cited, but the error message referenced 130816+, so not sure if there was an incremental release.

Obviously, could have been anything. Looks happy now, however. Thanks!

Randy

Posted: Wednesday Aug 21st, 2013 at 2:19 am #56319
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks. I’m not sure what could’ve gone wrong with that, sorry.

Posted: Thursday Aug 22nd, 2013 at 5:42 pm #56469
Randy King

LOL, I know exactly what went wrong – it’s software! It’s all good now, so whatever bit got dropped got updated. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.