latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

You didn't cover JW Player

Home Forums Community Forum You didn't cover JW Player

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 12:18 pm #53888

For those of us NOT using Amazon which you push for “kickbacks” those of us that cannot afford Amazon, need scripts and codes to use on our own servers. You skip this intentionally to force us to use Amazon. So I NEED ANSWERS right now. How TF do I set up JW Player to stream from my own server. I CANNOT afford Amazon right now. When I can I will sign up and you guys can get your “kickbacks” but until then we need this information. It’s just not listed in the forums nor in s2Memers documentation. If it is, I am sorry for being angry, but this pissed me off that you intentional skipped this on the videos. JE

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 2:01 pm #53890
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

Jose –

There is no affiliate program for Amazon S3. I seriously doubt S2Member is getting a kickback.

Not all of the integrations nor functionality is included in the video tutorials, much of it is within your S2Member WordPress Admin Screen.

The information that you will want to read is under:

S2Member – Download Options – JW Player® v6 & RTMP Protocol Examples

However, I found a MUCH simpler way of integrating video and audio by installing a free wordpress plugin called “MediaElement.js – HTML5 Audio and Video” and using it to link directly to my content. The player works flawlessly with video and audio and I was able to access my stuff on a various devices including an iPad, Android Phone, and an iPhone. That being said, I did not protect my content on the site. That is, I did not put the content in s2member-files, rather in an unprotected folder. I assume the plugin will still work in the protected folder, but will let someone with more programming knowledge verify.

cheers – Ryan Nagy

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 2:31 pm #53892

Ryan,

Thanks for the reply, BUT the reason I even purchased s2Members Pro is to protect my video files from being spread all over the internet like they have been in the past. So there is no way to protect them UNLESS I go with Amazon which is going to cost anywhere from 300 to 750.00 a month in services I cannot afford until I start getting sales.

I know there are players out there BUT I need the protection. SO is there any way to use this player in conjunction with s2Members Pro and still protect my files? Thanks for your reply. JE

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 2:34 pm #53894
ryannagy
Username: ryannagy

Hi Jose – Yes, take a look at the documentation that I reference above. Your videos will be protected automatically by S2Member and you do not need Amazon S3. You simply need to put them in the folder that S2member automatically protects.

cheers!

Ryan

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 6:45 pm #53903

First of all THANK YOU Ryan. I was being so frustrated I over looked that section. HOWEVER, I am still very confused. I copied and pasted the short code listed in the section “using with out Amazon, etc.) BUT what I don’t know how to do is add the right “pathway” to the protected files inside the s2Members-files folder for level1:

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" file_download="video.mp4" rewrite="yes" /]

My movie files are in flv format and are located in the Level1 folder. SO, I typed this:

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" file_download="s2members-files/access-s2members-level1/video1.flv" rewrite="yes" /] – and it doesn’t work. This is what I meant about no instructions. PLEASE help.

Thanks Ryan.

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 3:56 pm #54090
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Sorry to hear you’re having problems. Thanks for your patience.

[s2Stream player="jwplayer-v6" player_path="/jwplayer/jwplayer.js" file_download="s2members-files/access-s2members-level1/video1.flv" rewrite="yes" /] – and it doesn’t work. This is what I meant about no instructions. PLEASE help.

Can I take a look at your setup? You can send login details here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Thanks!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.