latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Youtube videos autoplaying only on one page

Home Forums Community Forum Youtube videos autoplaying only on one page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 6:51 pm #23480

I have a strange problem I can’t get my head around. The video on the home page of my site is playing fine.

However, when I embed videos in precisely the same way on any page but the base one (using EITHER a plugin that lets me paste Youtube URLs to be handled automatically, with autoplay set as default, or using the iframe embed code directly, and using the autoplay variable within it), then it doesn’t autoplay.

This page has precisely the same code (except for removing one of the buttons), but it is not autoplaying.

I tried it on various other pages within the site, both public and member’s only, and not a single video is autoplaying except for the one on the main page. I’ll probably eventually transfer to self hosting these videos, but until then I do need to use these Youtube videos and have them ALL autoload. Suggestions for what could be causing the problem appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Aug 29th, 2012 at 11:09 pm #23523
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Benny,

It sounds like there might be some kind of JavaScript conflict somewhere on your page (generated by your theme or a plugin). You may want to try disabling plugins one-by-one, or consulting with the YouTube Developers forum or the YouTube Product Forum.

Posted: Saturday Sep 1st, 2012 at 7:26 am #23768

Solved. Not sure why it wasn’t working before, but just adding &autoplay=1 to the end of the URL with the plugin did the trick. I’m still not sure whey it plays by default without that on one page, but no worries. All is good now. I thought this might be an s2member conflict in some way, but that wasn’t the case so sorry for the irrelevant question.

Thanks!

Posted: Sunday Sep 2nd, 2012 at 2:26 am #23823

Thanks for the update! I’m glad you solved it. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.