latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

2 Questions Re: Welcome Page, Categories

Home Forums Community Forum 2 Questions Re: Welcome Page, Categories

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Raam Dev 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 6:49 am #24720

I have 2 questions:

1. How can I configure S2Member so that new users see a welcome page, but existing users skip that page and go to another page/category listing/etc.?

2. If one category is restricted to members but another is not, what happens if a non-member tries to read a post that is included in both categories? Will the post show up in my “Public” category index listing (even though the member only category index listing for that post would not even be accessible to those visitors)? The reason I am asking is that my site has a variety of categories/child categories that only members can access, but also has a public category that anyone can see. I plan to associate some posts with both categories for marketing purposes.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Sep 10th, 2012 at 11:49 pm #24832
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

1. How can I configure S2Member so that new users see a welcome page, but existing users skip that page and go to another page/category listing/etc.?

For redirecting new members the first time they login, please see Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› One-Time Offers (Upon Login).

To redirect everyone else after logging in, you can either select an existing page or enter a specific URL in Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page.

2. If one category is restricted to members but another is not, what happens if a non-member tries to read a post that is included in both categories? Will the post show up in my “Public” category index listing (even though the member only category index listing for that post would not even be accessible to those visitors)? The reason I am asking is that my site has a variety of categories/child categories that only members can access, but also has a public category that anyone can see. I plan to associate some posts with both categories for marketing purposes.

This would depend largely on how your WordPress theme was coded, so the only way to know for sure is to test it. If you want fine control over various listings of things, you’ll need to modify the PHP code in your theme files.

That said, if a post is assigned two categories, one of which they don’t have access to, they will be redirected to the Membership Options page when they try accessing that post (i.e. they will not be able to access the post).

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.