latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

503: Service Temporarily Unavailable

Home Forums Community Forum 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 8:43 am #26839
Ulrich Peise
Username: tony72

All:

This is probably something rather trivial, but I’m fairly new to this, therefore I would appreciate your insight.

I am close to my product launch. It’s a series of video tutorials which are hosted on amazon s3. Before launching the product, I gather a bunch of friends to do some stress testing. I gave them access to on of my s2member producted pages – embedded in that page is one of my videos. The folks reported back to me that they get the following error upon starting the video:

503: Service Temporarily Unavailable
Too many IP addresses accessing one secure area!
Please contact Support if you need assistance.

Any help to get this resolved would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Sep 28th, 2012 at 1:33 pm #26872
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Ulrich,

This is caused by the setting under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Unique IP Access Restrictions.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 8:41 am #26944
Ulrich Peise
Username: tony72

Eduan, thank you very much for the reply. I actually found that setting in the meantime. It makes perfect sense.

Thanks again!

Posted: Saturday Sep 29th, 2012 at 12:37 pm #26958
Eduan

No problem.
Glad I was able to help. :)

Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 3:18 pm #28265

We’ve run into this 503 error, too. One of our users says she usually logs on from the same laptop, but using a number of wireless networks. Would that trigger the restriction?

Posted: Friday Oct 12th, 2012 at 8:08 pm #28278
Eduan

Hello John,

Yes that would trigger the restrictions, especially if (s)he’s on the move, she’s logging in from different IPs. :/

– Eduan

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.